• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons send Sanu to the Patriots

Hotsauce

34 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Comp picks don't come higher than 3rd round though, correct? So even if they were to get a pick, a second rounder is still preferable to a possible third, and that's IF they don't offset it with another player's signing, right?

Correct. It’s a 2020 end of the 2nd round pick for, at best, a 2022 end of the 3rd pick and that’s only if he gets a huge contract at age 32. Likely it’s going to be a 4th or 5th. It’s also more than a rental because he is under contract next year.

It’s still a lot to give up for a guy the Falcons had to cut after the year due to their cap.

6 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Not sure what this comparison is implying. Sanu is about as good of a guy as there is. He is a Torrey Smith.

He was saying that they do bring in WR's and if they can't pick up the offense the way that Brady likes quickly, they move on.

It was Demaryius Thomas that I think Scot was trying to think of.

Just now, thefuzz said:

He was saying that they do bring in WR's and if they can't pick up the offense the way that Brady likes quickly, they move on.

It was Demaryius Thomas that I think Scot was trying to think of.

The chess comment implied it was AB and they moved on from DT because they got AB. Don’t think that necessarily had anything to do with picking up the offense.

The Falcons are having the pre-firing fire sale already. I think this means they are out of the running for this, the next and probably the following seasons. They'll be imploding their team at the same time Miami, Denver and the Chargers will be and that's going to make it slow and desperate. Add in that the Cardinals, Bucs and Bengals got a full season's head start and it makes things even crazier.

Looks like it will be just us and the Saints for a while here in the South.

11 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Correct. It’s a 2020 end of the 2nd round pick for, at best, a 2022 end of the 3rd pick and that’s only if he gets a huge contract at age 32. Likely it’s going to be a 4th or 5th. It’s also more than a rental because he is under contract next year.

It’s still a lot to give up for a guy the Falcons had to cut after the year due to their cap.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. They traded a second for Kony Ealy too, and look how that turned out. Patriots have mind control over people. Yes, they're the only dynasty out there, but part of that is because they've already won in people's minds before they even make a move. 

3 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

This is why the Patriots win Super Bowl after Super Bowl they are not complacent, they spot a weakness and immediately try to plug that hole. 

You have some guys on this message board talking about why do the Panthers need a veteran receiver? They need one in case Moore are Samuel have to miss time our only option then is Jarius Wright and guys brought on for special teams. 

It also helps that they have played in the worst division for decades... guaranteed 5-6 wins a year

Just now, PanthersBigD said:

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. They traded a second for Kony Ealy too, and look how that turned out. Patriots have mind control over people. Yes, they're the only dynasty out there, but part of that is because they've already won in people's minds before they even make a move. 

Well it was Kony and an early 3rd for a late 2nd. I think we moved up like 8 or 9 spots with that trade and it definitely worked out great for us(Moton was the pick) and bad for them but it wasn’t as bad as giving up a 2nd for Kony.

BB the GM has made plenty of pretty bad moves in the last several years. His drafts have been objectively terrible recently. BB the coach has covered up a lot of those failures.

8 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

yep, he was a cap casualty after this year anyway, great value to the Falcons.  Fans hate it, but it is what it is.

And one little last dying dig at the Saints.

How is that a dig at us? In 7 career games against us, he’s averaged 4 catches for 44 yards. LOL.

Archived