• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers claim Donte Moncrief

KSpan

Just now, Jagotavis said:

On 89 targets I’d hope he’d catch at least 45 (48 actually).  I’m no Zylstra fan, but I don’t see how Moncrief is an upgrade over him. I also don’t see Moncrief putting up almost 1700 yards in the minor league CFL

Moncrief was too good for the CFL.

Zylstra hasn't shown he is good enough to be used in the NFL.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not sure where you got the idea that I'm a fan of Moncrief. I'm not. My guess with regard to his role is that, as has been suggested, he's only here until Chris Hogan comes back.

As far as the risk, it's an easy thing to say there isn't any when it's not your money. Maybe we think giving up $50,000 for a football team is no big deal, but it's wise to remember that our billionaire owner used to get pissed off that his office was spending too much money on coffee filters.

It's also not your job on the line. And again, nobody likes having bad decisions on their resume'.

And again, as has been discussed elsewhere, when a team like the Patriots determines that you're not worth having, it makes me wonder if they know something that we don't.

Ultimately, Gordon will succeed or he won't. Till then, it's all hypothetical.

Didn’t say you did? He’s the comparative pickup that’s at issue. 

C’Mon. Seriously The owner might be cheap reach? No problem picking up an awful LT to see what he’s got(and it isn’t a problem) and letting him go the next week. But the owner won’t spend that for a player who would be a steal at a fraction of what he was? Not buying that. Or Tepper should sell now. 

If I’m Tepper, I want an explanation why he isn’t on the team. And Moncrief is. 

35 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

And we want DJ Moore and Samuel playing the majority of the snaps.  Not a 1/2 year rental.

What is Gordon's skill set?  Slow injured receiver that doesn't seem to put effort into his practice?  What exactly is his skill set that we need that wouldn't take away from what we have?

Moncrief would be WR3 or 4 depth.

Gordon wouldn't.  H'e be a headcase that would take away from the team rather than add. 

And DJ/CS wouldn’t lose any snaps. It’s not about WR1 or WR3. It’s about getting them in the slot where they belong. We need an outside the hashes player who will make contested catches And can still run. 

His skill set also Involved getting taller between your posts. Give us some more in-depth knowledge about players you know nothing more about than stats you read. 

He wouldn’t cause trouble for more than a minute because he can be sent packing for nothing. 

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

He's a good athlete. Thats about it.  

His route running isnt great and has never improved.  And the dude has hands of stones

There's a reason why the Jaguars didn't attempt to resign him.  And a reason why he got cut from the Steelers who have a bad WR group already

He had a finger injury, but his hands are not good (see Brandon Lafell, Ted Ginn, Devin Funchess,  and Kelvin Benjamin.)  As a #3/4, he will be a decent upgrade.

4 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I really liked Moncrief going into this season.  Had him in a deep fantasy league.  I was legit surprised he disappeared in Pit.  I am intrigued.  I dont think this will solve everything.  But I see him as worthwhile WR depth.

Nearly 50 catches and 650 yards in Jax in 2018---not bad

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

What risk is there with Gordon more than Moncrief? If we don’t claim Moncrief, he could easily went unclaimed. 

Neither is a risk really. Both making under 1M. But I’ve seen Gordon play well this year at least. Moncrief was a disaster consistently

This. ^

complete FUBAR.

im happy we are trying to get better.

i think it’s total crap we skip on Josh Gordon, who is a head case but no one cuts him because he can’t play. 

Both are zero risk but Flash Gordon has just about more potential than anyone still left in the league— few argue against that.

moncrief is moncrief— cut cut and cut.

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

He's a good athlete. Thats about it.  

His route running isnt great and has never improved.  And the dude has hands of stones

There's a reason why the Jaguars didn't attempt to resign him.  And a reason why he got cut from the Steelers who have a bad WR group already

Hands of stone like Samuel. Okay

33 minutes ago, JARROD said:

This. ^

complete FUBAR.

im happy we are trying to get better.

i think it’s total crap we skip on Josh Gordon, who is a head case but no one cuts him because he can’t play. 

Both are zero risk but Flash Gordon has just about more potential than anyone still left in the league— few argue against that.

moncrief is moncrief— cut cut and cut.

Let's hope he's a huge head case because if he's not Russell Wilson will be down right unstoppable. 

Archived