• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on a Josh Rosen Draft Day Trade

Soul Rebel

12 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I'd take a flier on the kid for a late round pick. 

I wouldn't bet the farm on the guy, but I'd kick the tires. Dude really has been put in a position to fail ever since he's been in the league. I'd be interested to see what happens if he ends up behind an established vet (Tom Brady, Big Ben, or Drew Brees) and see how he develops within a stable organization.

He'd be put in an arguably worse situation with this O-Line if he came here. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's already had one change of scenery.

I said it about both Rosen and Paxton Lynch coming into the draft, those guys were way too cocky and were gonna get broken in the NFL. Those are probably the most smug, cocky dudes I've ever coming into the draft.

That's why I roll my eyes when somebody talks about a guy having "swag" as if that meant something.

There are loads of guys out there who firmly believe they're fantastic. It only means something if you actually are.

9 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I would take a flyer on him and I dont think you would need to trade for him either. But a 7th in the offseason would probably cover it. 

At this point having more QB's than not on the roster is not a bad option. 

I think the biggest question is what do you view him as if you are the Panthers? Although Rosen would be extremely affordable for a backup QB, we technically have two even more affordable back up QB's on the roster already.

So, unless you view him has potential starter(which I don't think most would) then it wouldn't make a lot of sense to trade for him. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the biggest question is what do you view him as if you are the Panthers? Although Rosen would be extremely affordable for a backup QB, we technically have two even more affordable back up QB's on the roster already.

So, unless you view him has potential starter(which I don't think most would) then it wouldn't make a lot of sense to trade for him. 

BEST case is competing for a starter position. 

WORST case he is a camp arm and we cut him before the season starts. 

I was in the camp that thought trading for him before he went to Miami was a good option.

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's already had one change of scenery.

I said it about both Rosen and Paxton Lynch coming into the draft, those guys were way too cocky and were gonna get broken in the NFL. Those are probably the most smug, cocky dudes I've ever coming into the draft.

He had a change of scenery into an even worse scenario 

A team that is litterally selling off everything they have in the most obviously tank job in sports since possibly the 76ers process.   

He litterally just got traded into a team where some vet players have contacted their agents requesting out of there because what is going on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dolphins-players-request-trade-miami-tank-2019-9

Yes, Rosen was cocky at UCLA and kind of coming into the draft.  But ive heard he hasnt since.  He's literally just been thrown from one dumpster to the actual landfill itself

Id Definitely take a flyer on him.

5 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

BEST case is competing for a starter position. 

WORST case he is a camp arm and we cut him before the season starts. 

I was in the camp that thought trading for him before he went to Miami was a good option.

But, I would argue that trading him to cut is a poor idea because of the cap implications. He has an intriguing level of talent but he also has some of the obvious red flags that others have discussed. 

At this point, I'd be inclined to pass even if for a measly 7th rounder. I view it as a more bust than boom proposition and our cap situation is likely to get pretty fuging dicey in the next two offseasons. 

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He had a change of scenery into an even worse scenario 

A team that is litterally selling off everything they have in the most obviously tank job in sports since possibly the 76ers process.   

He litterally just got traded into a team where some vet players have contacted their agents requesting out of there because what is going on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dolphins-players-request-trade-miami-tank-2019-9

Yes, Rosen was cocky at UCLA and kind of coming into the draft.  But ive heard he hasnt since.  He's literally just been thrown from one dumpster to the actual landfill itself

Id Definitely take a flyer on him.

I'd rather give Grier a chance than take a flier on Rosen. And that says something considering the fact that I didn't even want to draft Grier.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather give Grier a chance than take a flier on Rosen. And that says something considering the fact that I didn't even want to draft Grier.

Grier didnt have near the tools nor upside coming out.  He's a lot of what Kyle Allen is.

Rosen is bigger, stronger arm, has upside and is 2 years younger than Grier.

Archived