• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on a Josh Rosen Draft Day Trade

Soul Rebel

I understand not giving up a 2nd-4th rounder for him, and maybe I was being too kind with the day two selection as compensation to MIA, but to not want to give up a 6th or 7th? 

I get that he hasn't performed yet, but he's two drafts removed from being the 10th overall selection. Two of the most toxic team situations later, for a young QB, I'd give him a shot. I think he can be a starter here and is better than Allen and Grier. 

Different strokes for different folks, so it looks like we will have to agree to disagree. 

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

But, I would argue that trading him to cut is a poor idea because of the cap implications. He has an intriguing level of talent but he also has some of the obvious red flags that others have discussed. 

At this point, I'd be inclined to pass even if for a measly 7th rounder. I view it as a more bust than boom proposition and our cap situation is likely to get pretty fuging dicey in the next two offseasons. 

Given that most 7th rounders never play I think its completely worth the shot. Yeck I would even trade up to a 5th for him The QB position is too important and to be able to spend a small amount of capital on a potential starter is 100% worth it. 

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Given that most 7th rounders never play I think its completely worth the shot. Yeck I would even trade up to a 5th for him The QB position is too important and to be able to spend a small amount of capital on a potential starter is 100% worth it. 

Yeah, I can see the reasoning. I just view him as more of a backup QB option and not a potential starter, so bringing him in I view as problematic. It's an interesting proposition, I will give it that. I wouldn't be dead set against it.

I also agree with the earlier poster who stated that it's probably unlikely Miami would consider trading him.

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I can see the reasoning. I just view him as more of a backup QB option and not a potential starter, so bringing him in I view as problematic. It's an interesting proposition, I will give it that. I wouldn't be dead set against it.

I also agree with the earlier poster who stated that it's probably unlikely Miami would consider trading him.

I would love to see Rosen behind Cam. 

Given the rookie wages he would make for a cheap back up option. 

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm simply saying I'd rather take a chance on an unknown vs. known trash.

Whats known about Grier? Kids change, heck Grier is a 24 year old rookie because he made a mistake in college.

Whats known is Grier is small with a weak arm, hence Kyle Allen 2.0. Thus why every team passed on him 3 times

Rosen is known to be bigger, Rosen is known to have a stronger arm.  Yes, he had some issues in college.  So did Cam, so did Grier.

Fact is Rosen is younger, has tools and good upside. 

Fact is everyone who's scouted football knows Grier's Ceiling is a backup

So yes, id rather take the unknown in this situation.  Then the known when you already know what you have

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Whats known about Grier? Kids change, heck Grier is a 24 year old rookie because he made a mistake in college.

Whats known is Grier is small with a weak arm, hence Kyle Allen 2.0. Thus why every team passed on him 3 times

Rosen is known to be bigger, Rosen is known to have a stronger arm.  Yes, he had some issues in college.  So did Cam, so did Grier.

Fact is Rosen is younger, has tools and good upside. 

Fact is everyone who's scouted football knows Grier's Ceiling is a backup

So yes, id rather take the unknown in this situation.  Then the known when you already know what you have

What's known about Rosen? He's straight trash in the NFL. That's the one known commodity we're talking about. I'm not rallying for Grier. I didn't want him. But, yes I'd rather give him a shot than waste any time with Josh Rosen.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What's known about Rosen? He's straight trash in the NFL. That's the one known commodity we're talking about. I'm not rallying for Grier. I didn't want him. But, yes I'd rather give him a shot than waste any time with Josh Rosen.

His arm strength, his size, his tools are known.

Of course he's looked like trash

Put Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Rogers, etc in Arizona last year and in Miami this you get the same result.

Faulting him for not looking good in a trash situation where vets are telling my agents to "get me out of this organization".  Where their, OL, WR, TE, RB is worst of the worst that this organization has ever seen.  Yeah of course he's going to look bad.

Grier was drafted to be a backup in this league, Rosen was not.  Rosen has been in situations that he's probably begging to be in Will Grier's spot here.

I would be ok with a 4th maybe 4th and 6th for their 7th and Rosen. The guy has an arm on him and is suppose to be very book smart like Aaron Rodgers. When I see him play he looks good when he has time. Unfortunately he hasn’t had any time to throw with his past two offensive lines. I mean look what happened to Allen when he had no time this past week... It’s a low risk possible high reward move. Watch the Pats snatch him up and make him great....

Archived