• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3-4

ellis

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let me pose the question that's been running around in my head.

Does anyone at this point believe that this was a well thought out decision, that somebody looked at the logical pros and cons and thought this was the best way to go?

Or was this just your basic desperation "well hell, we've gotta do something so let's try this" kind of decision?

I think they thought it was a good idea and didnt consider injuries or depth. To run the 34 we need more DTs, we have plenty of lbs that are neutralized by poor dt play.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let me pose the question that's been running around in my head.

Does anyone at this point believe that this was a well thought out decision, that somebody looked at the logical pros and cons and thought this was the best way to go?

Or was this just your basic desperation "well hell, we've gotta do something so let's try this" kind of decision?

I think they thought it was a good idea and didnt consider injuries or depth. To run the 34 we need more DTs, we have plenty of lbs that are neutralized by poor dt play.

1 minute ago, ellis said:

Never felt like a very analytically sound decision.

Guessing Tepper pretty much told him to do something drastic, this is what they came up with. That’s probably an oversimplification of how it went, but I don’t think that’s too far off.

What's sad is we might someday find out that's not as oversimplified as you think.

It could easily be a lot closer to the truth than we would like it to be.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

Me too and if Poe is really down for long we might be forced back to the 43. We didnt have enough weight with the front 3 before poe went down.

We've been running a pretty fair share of 4-3 as it is but we don't have the right personnel for it.

The whole "hybrid" thing has just never made any sense.

40 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

It’s the “gap responsible” defense Rivera has used. Kuechly is practically playing defensive tackle by being responsible for one gap and one gap only. Let him be a sideline to sideline guy, not “hey you’re responsible for the B gap” 

One guy being out of place in this type of defense is detrimental, instead of in the past where if a D-Lineman made a mistake, they had Luke and TD playing back from depth to clean up.  

Only the defensive genius of Ron Rivera could make a generational linebacker a non factor

It's basically the same conservative, soft zone we ve been playing for years... we sit back and hope the other team makes a mistake, rather than being aggressive and trying to dictate the game. 

This is why we beat bad teams and lose to good teams... good teams dont make many mistakes and pick us apart

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm confused. What is a scheme if it's not trying to put players in their best position to win plays?

No matter the base scheme some one runs, there are 100s of plays and personnel combinations. There’s also giving players the right responsibilities in their positions to maximize their abilities.

We look like we are doing the opposite. Having a scheme to run without adjusting to the situation and the players we have on the field.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you had half a brain though, you had to know that depending on Newton to return fully healthy this season was a risk.

I have nothing against Kyle Allen, but I really did believe we'd go into this season with a veteran backup.

Great point. Who in their right freaking mind goes into a season with two guys at b/u qb who are developmental projects. Colossal fug up by Ron and Co

Archived