• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton plans to have foot surgery

SgtJoo

I swear this group can be some of the biggest conspiracy theory, drama filled mofos I've ever encountered - sans my mother-in-law. That chick is cray-cray!

Cam was holding out to return in the playoffs if possible. Sunday's loss knocked the team out of any hopes of making the playoffs. Ron Rivera was fired meaning the team is now in try-out mode. Try out a new HC, try out a new OC, probably a whole slew of "players on the cusp" will get more time to play in games over the next few weeks. So, obviously no reason to hold out for the playoffs. 

Having surgery means he wants to ensure he's back for next season. If he had reservations about playing, then he wouldn't have surgery. 

His value is as low as it's been his entire career right now. Even if Carolina wanted to move on from Cam, it would be beneficial to get him healthy and show that he can at least get back on the field. Plus, flat out releasing Cam without a proven replacement is just not smart. Actually it's kind of dumb. I don't think dumb people are running this organization. 

I think its a long shot that Cam can return and stay healthy and play at a top level.  It is time to look for his replacement.  Will there be someone worth grabbing in the draft at our pick?  Burrow will definitely be gone and Herbert also is a long shot.  Unless we lose most of if not our games next season Lawrence is also out of the picture.  Tough situation.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

remember when I've been absolutely right at every step about this? 

yeah that was cool. haven't gotten the dozens of apologies from people who poo all over me. Hmm weird.

Right about what? All you've done is litter vague shitposts about him being selfish, and then when someone asks you what you mean you go into a shell. It isn't difficult to see where it stems from. Especially when you tried to drag Vick into this and compare his last year with the Falcons to Cam's. The guy who flipped off his own fans. You need to be better is what you need to do bub.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Especially when you tried to drag Vick into this and compare his last year with the Falcons to Cam's. The guy who flipped off his own fans. You need to be better is what you need to do bub.

That was about the fan reaction when the Atlanta sports community tore itself to shreds which is exactly what's happening on this board. 

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I think its a long shot that Cam can return and stay healthy and play at a top level.  It is time to look for his replacement.  Will there be someone worth grabbing in the draft at our pick?  Burrow will definitely be gone and Herbert also is a long shot.  Unless we lose most of if not our games next season Lawrence is also out of the picture.  Tough situation.

tua all the way, or jalen

18 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I swear this group can be some of the biggest conspiracy theory, drama filled mofos I've ever encountered - sans my mother-in-law. That chick is cray-cray!

Cam was holding out to return in the playoffs if possible. Sunday's loss knocked the team out of any hopes of making the playoffs. Ron Rivera was fired meaning the team is now in try-out mode. Try out a new HC, try out a new OC, probably a whole slew of "players on the cusp" will get more time to play in games over the next few weeks. So, obviously no reason to hold out for the playoffs. 

Having surgery means he wants to ensure he's back for next season. If he had reservations about playing, then he wouldn't have surgery. 

His value is as low as it's been his entire career right now. Even if Carolina wanted to move on from Cam, it would be beneficial to get him healthy and show that he can at least get back on the field. Plus, flat out releasing Cam without a proven replacement is just not smart. Actually it's kind of dumb. I don't think dumb people are running this organization. 

Do you understand how offseason workouts, training camp, and the salary cap work?  Or does none of that matter?  For us to "show other teams that Cam can get on the field" means that he would be able to participate in all of the offseason, all of TC, and start some games for us, while staying on his 1 year prove it deal.  If he does, GREAT, but that's a hell of a stretch.

Also, what if the next head coach isn't sold on Cam, and Tepper isn't either?

18 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Nobody, including Cam, will know for sure if he'll be ready for the season until well after the draft. How many teams are going to forego drafting a day-1 QB because a 30-year old Cam Newton with shoulder and foot surgeries under his belt might be healthy enough to get on the field come September?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we're concerned about Cam's injury issues, why would we be interested in Tua?

because he's really good and has an infectious quality, and is a quality human being.  2 sprained ankles, so what?  the hip is a concern but we should know by the draft if its gonna heal properly.   

Archived