• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My take on Cam Newton

ellis

26 minutes ago, trueblade said:

The key question then remains is Newton willing to play 2020 on his current contract? 

Or, does Cam have any leverage to demand an extension or threaten a holdout given the fact he's coming off a foot surgery and hasn't played since week 2? Not to mention the shoulder surgeries the past couple years.

IMO, he's not in a position of power to make any demands.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Or, does Cam have any leverage to demand an extension or threaten a holdout given the fact he's coming off a foot surgery and hasn't played since week 2? Not to mention the shoulder surgeries the past couple years.

IMO, he's not in a position of power to make any demands.

...Cam is totally in the driver seat and all scenario outcomes favor him... Dont BS yourself.

2 hours ago, ChrisSimmsspleen said:

But the easy completions are the ones he has a hard time hitting....?

Very true. Well really more that he wasn't consistent on the easy completions. Though it did appear that he improved on those issues early last season before the Pittsburgh game. But we may be seeing now that those easy completions aren't so easy when your offensive line is sitting in your lap every time you make a pass. Not an excuse, just an observation. 

5 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Thank you for this. People kill me with the Cam's just a running QB and he's gonna get hurt again running. I always ask them so when did he get hurt running again? 

Cam makes throws that a lot of "elite" QBs can't make. His biggest issue has been not having an OC that could dial up the 4 or 5 easy completions that would bump his percentage over 60% so people could stop focussing on that stat line. 

Cams career passing stats are Allen's 

5 hours ago, Jus Rob said:

I've always said he gets hit in the pocket then when running 

It doesn't matter where he gets injured. The result is that the injuries are real things that seriously and negatively affected his ability to both run and throw. 

Debating the reason why it happened doesnt negate the affect. No matter how hard you wish for it hes not getting younger and without his run game his career passing stats are basically not much more than 2019 Kyle Allen.

You nailed it in that Cam as a runner hasn't taken viscous hits aside from the Clete f'n Blakeman Bowl 2015 which was 1985 rules for Cam and Cam only.

I wouldn't bet against Cam Newton. If Teddy Bridgewater can come back from his horrific injury, why are there "serious concerns" about Cams minor surgery?

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I wouldn't bet against Cam Newton. If Teddy Bridgewater can come back from his horrific injury, why are there "serious concerns" about Cams minor surgery?

Because he has had problems coming back without lingering issues from his previous surgeries.

Archived