• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Will Grier throw more TDs or INTs his first game?

Snake

Will Will Grier throw more TDs or INTs in his first game?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. TDs or INTs?

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a ton of truth to this. This is what I was trying to tell everyone super excited about Kyle Allen early on. If you're on an NFL roster as a QB, you're pretty good at it. That kinda goes without saying. What separates the pretenders from the real deals is what happens when teams start compiling film on you to study.  Tons of backups have come in and looked good for short periods of time, but the truth always comes out once DCs have some actual game tape to study.

Yea but also don't discount the fact that Grier has been riding the bench all season for a reason and couldn't beat out an undrafted QB who couldn't even hold a starting job in college for the backup position. 

Grier hasn't practiced with the first team all season. I have a strong feeling he is going to be missing wide open receivers all game. It's not going to be pretty. 

I think game flow will have an impact. Indy's identity is running the ball and the Panthers struggle against the run. I could see several long sustained Indy drives and the Panthers playing from behind. This will put more pressure on the offensive line and a rookie QB making his first start. This is not a formula for early success. 

I hope we see flashes regardless of what our future plans are at QB. The kid has probably dreamt of this since he was 6. I hope he does well, but I'm expecting he has some struggles.

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Snake...

You stumped for Kyle Allen HARD. You're gonna have to take your lumps, bro.

So supporting our starting QB is cause for every thread to be derailed. Great idea. This is why this place has become a poo show. 

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

So supporting our starting QB is cause for every thread to be derailed. Great idea. This is why this place has become a poo show. 

Should I go back and bump some of the posts you made about Cam "nuthuggers". You went way out on a limb on this one. Don't complain now that the wind is blowing and you're taking a thrashing out there on that limb.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Should I go back and bump some of the posts you made about Cam "nuthuggers". You went way out on a limb on this one. Don't complain now that the wind is blowing and you're taking a thrashing out there on that limb.

Should I screen shot how many times i got flagged for that? Probably should just be like everyone else and just bitch about every player we have. No loss in that right? 

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Nah, it was more the irrational lashing out at the Cam supporters. May as well lean into it, Snake. Sometimes you just make the wrong call. It happens to everyone. 

Archived