• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who follows Rivera to DC?

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually took longer for someone to mention Marty than I thought it would. Figured that might be the first response :)

I think it's a possibility. Hurney is from Wheaton, MD and started his career with the Redskins. He has a rapport with Rivera, and may be on the hot seat with the new owner in Carolina. If he was smart, I think it would be in his best interest to move to DC and TAKE the job before he NEEDS a job.

2 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

I don’t want to lose Blackburn :(

Eh. Our ST looked like dildos this year. Maybe it's just not his bailiwick, and he'd excel in coaching another area. But between the round robin at returner and the two touchdowns his unit gave up to Indy, I certainly wouldn't get all misty eyed if he was shown the door.

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It doesn't matter as long as Hurney is the GM.  I'm sure we will do just fine with the #7 pick without him.

The #7 pick isnt what im worried about

Teams aren't built successfully by just hitting your 1st round pick

Sam Mills III is gonna be an interesting one.

There's the sentimental connection with his father. That's why Richardson asked Rivera to give him a place on staff.

Tepper never met his dad, and he doesn't strike anybody as an especially sentimental guy anyway.

I'd still like to see Mills stay aboard in some capacity (maybe back to his original job) but admittedly that's more of an emotional take than a practical one.

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

The #7 pick isnt what im worried about

Teams aren't built successfully by just hitting your 1st round pick

Exactly.  It's no secret his record after the 1st round is, uh...suspect?  I'm sure we can replace Hurney and at least get the same results, but hopefully a heck of a lot better while simultaneously turning over the scouting department.

Washington and Richard Rogers for sure.  The only reason Rogers had a job was because of Ron. Dude has no talent for coaching any dept. 

And I don’t understand why everyone thinks Washington is a great Dline coach ours has been trash for several years now  it ain’t like he developed anyone besides maybe Addison. Butler?? 

Matsko also his dept probably weakest of the Bunch and thats saying a lot 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Exactly.  It's no secret his record after the 1st round is, uh...suspect?  I'm sure we can replace Hurney and at least get the same results, but hopefully a heck of a lot better!

Yes 

But I want every fingerprint from the old regime gone.

Yes Hurney was a bulk of the problem with the drafts

But the scouting dept had their problems too

9 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Eh. Our ST looked like dildos this year. Maybe it's just not his bailiwick, and he'd excel in coaching another area. But between the round robin at returner and the two touchdowns his unit gave up to Indy, I certainly wouldn't get all misty eyed if he was shown the door.

Our ST as a whole has been much improved since he took over. 

The one bad game against Indy doesn't negate all the positive that he has brought. Dude knows STs in and out. 

Archived