• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you were forced to choose between a fun, family-centric culture or a culture that shows a win at all costs mentality...

rayzor

Which would you choose?

I mean, if the "win at all costs" mentality actually won, would you prefer it to a culture like we've become accustomed to where the team had a great mentor and everyone seemed happy, even if it meant not winning it all?

Whats more important to you? 

Would you sacrifice the warm fuzzy family setting for a less embraceable, but more winning culture?

No, my local team winning isn't so important that it justifies anything. It's not that important to me. I don't get my self worth from a sports team.

But you seem to be equating running a respectable organization with warm and fuzzy. They don't seem like valid comparisons. The coach doesn't have to be a pillar of the community loved by all but I don't want a dirt bag either.

31 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

No, my local team winning isn't so important that it justifies anything. It's not that important to me. I don't get my self worth from a sports team.

But you seem to be equating running a respectable organization with warm and fuzzy. They don't seem like valid comparisons. The coach doesn't have to be a pillar of the community loved by all but I don't want a dirt bag either.

I'm not doing that at all. I expect that both be respectable as in abiding by the rules or at least working within them. 

I'm talking about the dynamic. Just business with less warm fuzzies, but consistent winners or a team that is somewhat loose and fun loving and had more of a family vibe, but wasn't a consistent winner.

With one you'd likely have more turnover in the roster and less long term stalwarts and the other you'd likely have this core of guys that hung around for years.

winning.

nothing makes me feel worse than watching us get our poo pushed in on sundays and having to wait a whole week to see it happen again.

i enjoy watching the sports talk shows, looking at the power rankings, and reading the articles but when we lose i feel sick and avoid them like the plague. 

family friendly warm and fuzzies are good for an offseason when there arent any stakes. but there arent any warm and fuzzies when the team loses no matter what the culture is like.

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I'm not doing that at all. I expect that both be respectable as in abiding by the rules or at least working within them. 

I'm talking about the dynamic. Just business with less warm fuzzies, but consistent winners or a team that is somewhat loose and fun loving and had more of a family vibe, but wasn't a consistent winner.

With one you'd likely have more turnover in the roster and less long term stalwarts and the other you'd likely have this core of guys that hung around for years.

Winning. I guess I didn't get the family fuzzy thing and thought you meant the values the organization stands for. I really don't care what the locker room dynamic is as I don't participate in that dynamic. 

And they can cut out all the social media posturing and hype as fare as I am concerned. 

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Win.  I've had my fill of BoA wine and cheese bullsh*t.  I want teams to fear playing in Charlotte.

I want certain players to know that they need us more than we need them.  Takes competent coaching to get a scheme in place that can make that part happen though.

That wasnt his question 

Without question the Panthers fanbase wants a fuzzy warm feelings family friendly team. Clean cut lunch pale players who are a good example of citizens and fathers. Winning is just not that big of a deal to most Panthers fans. The Panthers players keeping their noses clean and not being involved in controversy or crime is the key factor for many Panthers fans. The reason is because many Panthers fans are fathers with young children and games and events give them family friendly activities. Doesn't matter if the Panthers lose so long as they're not terrible. Middle of the road is fine. Nice weather, decent sized crowd, general feeling of excitement, socializing opportunities, and who cares who won? That's a typical Panthers fan. The typical year long Huddle member is way more involved and would probably prefer winning no matter what.

I only want the Panthers to win for my entertainment on Sundays. I don't care if the Panthers are a warm and fuzzy team at all. Win. If cutting Cam and Luke would give us a SB win in the next 3 seasons I would want them cut immediately. If we had to bring in sketchy players to make a SB run then by all means do it.

If you mean having a 'cut the fat team', or a 'thank you contracts' type team, then I'd prefer a cut the fat team.

Archived