• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Bieniemy love?

AU-panther

29 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Chip Kelly was a college offensive mastermind and he was straight dog poo in the NFL.

He is a former player with a no bs type of attitude. He has been with one of the better offensive coaches in the NFL helping lead one of the most explosive offenses and a record breaking QB to 7 straight winning seasons.

Explain what is not to like about that?

Who are you talking about leading an offense to 7 straight winning seasons?

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Was that the topic or is this your attempt at distraction--So much depends on the person and his motivations and interests. Is Reid's son seeking a head coaching job?  Would you want to hire someone who does not want the gig?  Has Andy rubbed off on his son's understanding of football?  Yes. Your logic is irrelevant and terribly flawed.  You have shifted from trying to make a point to trying to save some shred of dignity. 

The point---YES a head coach impacts the development of his assistant coaches who aspire to be head coaches.   Read my other posts.  But to call the concept silly reflects a serious lack of knowledge about what it takes to be an assistant coach.

Yes Andy Reid's son is seeking a head coaching job.  He's the linebackers coach on the Chiefs.

There's no more evidence that Andy Reid rubbed on Bienemy than there is his son.  Literally none.  People are assuming he rubbed off on him due to their proximity, but there's no data to show either way until he has to prove himself as more than a positions coach.

You still haven't provided any basis for why Bienemy is more qualified to be our coach than Britt Reid.

8 minutes ago, DubE_4MR said:

Stefanski for having Diggs, Thielen and Cook?

Thielen was hurt this year and had 400 yards total on the season.

DJ Moore is vastly superior to Diggs already in his young career (they're often compared as they both went to the same school).  CMC is a better RB than Cook.  Vikings also have mediocre tackles in Riley Reiff (a converted RT) and Brian ONeill.

Vikings roster is pretty meh

2 minutes ago, countryboi said:

I dont care either way but im not feeling your condensing tone. 

Sometimes you have to use satire and absurdity to make people realize how ridiculous their arguments are

The fact you can even make a compelling argument for why Andy Reid's deadbeat son is more qualified (based on the inane criteria ["TREES!"] people are using to validate Bienemy), demonstrates how ridiculous all of this is

I highly doubt Tepper is actually considering Bienemy, I'm just amused that people actually want this guy to head coach.

1 minute ago, bobowilson said:

Yes Andy Reid's son is seeking a head coaching job.  He's the linebackers coach on the Chiefs.

There's no more evidence that Andy Reid rubbed on Bienemy than there is his son.  Literally none. (AND WHAT WOULD THAT EVIDENCE LOOK LIKE?)  People are assuming he rubbed off on him due to their proximity, but there's no data to show either way until he has to prove himself as more than a positions coach.  IF YOU SERVE AS AN ASSISTANT COACH, YOU LEARN TO THINK LIKE THE HEAD COACH--THAT IS YOUR JOB.  THERE IS MUCH MORE "EVIDENCE" THAT YOUR FOOTBALL ACUMEN IS INFLUENCED BY THE HEAD COACH THAN THE REMOTE POSSIBILITY THAT IT DID NOT.  AGAIN, I ASK YOU--HAVE YOU EVER COACHED BEFORE? 

You still haven't provided any basis for why Bienemy is more qualified to be our coach than Britt Reid.

I NEVER SAID HE WAS---YOUR POINTS FOR THE SAKE OF SIDE-STEPPING POINTS THAT YOU CAN'T ARGUE.   ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A PERSON IN THE WRONG TRYING TO MOVE THE GOALPOSTS AGAIN.  YOUR POINT WAS THAT THE "COACHING TREE THEORY IS SILLY."  IT IS A RIDICULOUS COMMENT.  YOU HIRE ASSISTANT COACHES WHO CAN ADOPT YOUR PHILOSOPHY.  YOU WANT TO TURN IT INTO A GENETIC ARGUMENT?  YOU USED RIED'S SON AS AN EXAMPLE TO PROVE YOUR POINT, AND I PROVIDED OTHER EXAMPLES TO SHOW YOU THAT IT DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL.

WHAT ABOUT LEADERSHIP AND CHARISMA?  COACHES NEED THESE SKILLS--TALENTS REID'S SON MAY LACK? WORK ETHIC?

SO YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO CANNOT STAND TO BE WRONG.  YOU ARE WRONG.  I COACHED FOR YEARS--YOU START THINKING THE SAME, YOU TALK THE SAME, YOU SEE THINGS AT THE SAME TIME---THERE IS NO WAY TO AVOID IT. 

NO, YOU CAN'T PROVE IT, BECAUSE SOME THINGS ARE EXPERIENTIAL AND NOT CONCRETE.   THAT IS WHERE WE DIFFER.

SEE CAPS

12 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I didn't say anything about him being a recruiting coordinator, I said a lot of teams will have their recruiting coach also be there running back coach.  My point in that for a lot of programs running back coaches have less influence on the success of the offense then most of the other position coaches.

Also I didn't' say I had a negative outlook on him, I'm just saying on paper his resume is the worst of the other guys mentioned.  So I wonder why some think he is the best?

You are correct in saying Andy Reid's coaching tree has historically done well, a lot better than Bellichecks.  Also Andy recommending him would probably carry a lot of weight, but here again a recommendation isn't really a tangible thing on a resume, and hence the reason I said the vetting process with him will probably be really important.

Okay, I just wasn't understanding your point on the recruiting coordinator, although I would definitely disagree that the coach with the "recruiting coordinator" title is more of a recruiter than a coach. That is not always the case.

I am not sure I agree on his resume being the worst. It's not a fantastic resume but not many of these candidates exactly have glowing resumes. I think at the moment it is just everyone's personal preferences. We are definitely seeing a lot of people get way, way, way too invested(or hate one far too much) in one of the available options. 

IMO, we are looking at a bunch of pretty similar options as far as quality. We will see what happens.

44 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Chip Kelly was a college offensive mastermind and he was straight dog poo in the NFL.

He is a former player with a no bs type of attitude. He has been with one of the better offensive coaches in the NFL helping lead one of the most explosive offenses and a record breaking QB to 7 straight winning seasons.

Explain what is not to like about that?

He has been on the Chief’s staff but does NOT call the plays.  He is a glorified cheerleader.

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I didn't get the love for this guy before I learned of the red flags. He would be off limits in my book. I mean, he is an OC who doesn't call plays! How would you know he is good at anything? 

Dude, redwood trees!

I heard Bill Walsh strength and conditioning coach back from Stanford in the 1960s is still on the market.

14 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Nobody loves Cam more than the Panthers .. people who you're speaking of just know the best chance of Carolina Panthers success is for Cam to be here and playing

Unfortunate irony of your screen name. Just saying...

Archived