• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what Saints and Falcons fans are saying about the Rhule hire

TheRumGone

1 hour ago, Moorgan said:

Why does anyone care how much he is getting paid? I mean anyone. It literally affects nothing.

Agreed. Tepper probably gains or loses $10MM in a day so who gives a poo if he wants to pay Rhule $10MM/year or $100MM/year? There is no coaching salary cap so fug it.

1 hour ago, Moorgan said:

Why does anyone care how much he is getting paid? I mean anyone. It literally affects nothing.

Well, it may affect Tepper's desire to keep rolling with him even if he sucks (but I doubt it). 

Don't know why opposing fans are even talking about it. So what if the market for head coaches went up! The owners are the one paying them. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Well, it may affect Tepper's desire to keep rolling with him even if he sucks (but I doubt it). 

Don't know why opposing fans are even talking about it. So what if the market for head coaches went up! The owners are the one paying them. 

Even if it's way above market it doesn't matter. His salary affects nothing on the field and nothing in the office. It should be a non issue for fans. Now how much a college coach gets paid is a different discussion because public schools are funded by taxpayers so that's a different discussion. But in the NFL? He could have a $500 M contract and it wouldn't affect anything except how people feel...which is...ummmm...a thing?

2 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Tepper is a very rich man, but it could affect how long he wants to hold on to Rhule if it doesn’t work out. Considering his investment 

Maybe. Speculation at best and certainly not a thing fans should be worried about at this point. It's a non issue and I don't get why people even care.

9 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Maybe. Speculation at best and certainly not a thing fans should be worried about at this point. It's a non issue and I don't get why people even care.

Yes, it is speculation, but speculation based upon human nature. The length of the contract, as well as the dough paid, beg for some discussion---not saying it's a big deal, but some. 

I think the key words of your response are "at this point." If things go well, fans won't worry at all. If they don't...

Archived