• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deadline For Cam Newton Decision

Mr Mojo Risin

With the hiring of LSU's Joe Brady we know who will be in charge of running the offense. When do you think we will hear the decision of Cam's fate in Carolina? If Cam isn't going to be a Panther for the 2020 season I'd imagine they would try and trade him before outright releasing him. All of the answers Rhule has given on the topic have pretty much been that he needs more time to study the roster before he makes a decision. However, this is probably the most important question the team is faced with at the current moment. Will Cam be a Carolina Panther for the 2020 season? Will we know before the new league year? The draft? Just would like to get some more organized thoughts on the matter from the huddle

Just now, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I know that's a huge part of it but as far as his contract goes, how long do we have to make that decision before it's fully guaranteed?

Well, he is under contract for the upcoming season.  I imagine that it would become fully guaranteed when the new league starts in March.  So, we will probably hear something by then.

I’m about 90% sure Cam will be here next season. If he’s healthy all year then we resign him. If not, we part ways when his contract runs out. 

He’s far too valuable when healthy to trade for anything less than a 1st and a couple seconds and nobody is going to give us that for a near 30 year old that has been hurt for two years.

Thats good news for us. It means Cam has to give us his best next season to get another big deal. And we all know what happens when we get Cams best 

12 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m about 90% sure Cam will be here next season. If he’s healthy all year then we resign him. If not, we part ways when his contract runs out. 

He’s far too valuable when healthy to trade for anything less than a 1st and a couple seconds and nobody is going to give us that for a near 30 year old that has been hurt for two years.

Thats good news for us. It means Cam has to give us his best next season to get another big deal. And we all know what happens when we get Cams best 

This is what I hope will happen it just seems like a lot of uncertainty has surrounded his future for some time now I hope we don't have to wait to much longer  to get an answer on what the plan is at Qb for this upcoming season

Archived