• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Joe Brady design us an offense in which the Qb releases the ball within .9753 seconds after the snap?

1of10Charnatives

Just now, Panthera onca said:

Nothing else is staying the same, why would the OL? Still have the draft and free agency.

My position is that fixing the oline must absolutely be our urgent priority whether we’re talking about the draft or FA. Anything else risks the health of any qb who starts for us next year.

I expect Daley,Little, and paradis to play better.

we should target one of the best guards in fa.

if bpa warrants another ot, than go for it but I think we can grab a c in 2nd round and be on our way to producing a top o line. Both lines need improvement but it can be done if we’re proactive about it 

6 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I expect Daley,Little, and paradis to play better.

we should target one of the best guards in fa.

if bpa warrants another ot, than go for it but I think we can grab a c in 2nd round and be on our way to producing a top o line. Both lines need improvement but it can be done if we’re proactive about it 

You expect. I hope but don’t feel like pinning our qb’s health on hope and expectation. I think that’s the sort of Rivera/ Hurney approach that got us here. Taking an urgent matter and pinning your hopes on things working out in a convenient way so that you can address things you’d prefer to address, like drafting yet another linebacker. 

Out team is full of holes and problems, but only one of these problems has the potential to impact our situation at the most important position in the game long term. 

Fix that problem first, and not by crossing your fingers and hoping late round and multiple concussion rookies will get better. It’s nice if they do, but banking on that is setting yourself up for failure.

I like drafting a center in the 2nd, think that’s a solid move, but if one of the top tackles is available at 7, I think we need to do that too. Trading up for burrow is pointless if he has to play behind this dumpster fire.

Ron and his screw never developed a stud lineman. I’d expect any other coaching regime to produce better players. New schemes and plays might fix a lot of issues. Part of it is staying healthy. But we haven’t drafted a good offensive lineman in a long time. We might as well go after one in free agency and hope. 

33 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Because unless we fix the offensive line, that’s about how long Cam/Burrow/Tua/Allen/Grier/Delhomme coming back from retirement is gonna have to get rid of the ball.

Think about that poo while you write your “let’s mortgage the future to get Burrow/we have to draft dline/need a corner/WR/I really like the punter from Alcorn State” thread.

I’ll say it again.

A crappy Dline next year only affects next year. An oline this bad could cripple our qb situation for years.

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it Huddle.

Wich olineman will fix the oline? Honestly none of us have a real clue yet because the combine hasn't hit. I will agree with LT at 7 if a combine winner from a big school is sitting there. Otherwise I think you patch that run D with D. Brown, take a center in the 2nd (will go alot further for the whole oline and franchise centers can be found here), then fix the rest of the interior through the rest of the draft and maybe a tackle if one looks to have slipped or a combine winner from a smaller school is around. I'd be fine resigning our current FAs and fixing our trenches in the draft but just a LT isnt fixing it and taking a center in the second to me is a must. We cant afford to ignore the run defense either...I couldn't stand watching runners gash us with no answer and the olineman getting to our lbs. 

I think the key to finding a good LT isnt draft position as much as finding a guy with the right measurements and athletic that can be coached up from being raw. The guys that go early alot of times dominated in college because their sound technique but in the nfl it's not enough to stop the speed rushers so they bust.

Just now, Varking said:

Ron and his screw never developed a stud lineman. I’d expect any other coaching regime to produce better players. New schemes and plays might fix a lot of issues. Part of it is staying healthy. But we haven’t drafted a good offensive lineman in a long time. We might as well go after one in free agency and hope. 

See I dislike hoping with my qb’s future on the line. I want more than hope there. I’m perfectly willing to hope the dline works itself out because if not the downside doesn’t potentially have long term consequences.

Hope is for fixing the dline next year. 

Get if fuggin done one way or the other right @#&&ing now is the way we need to approach fixing the oline.

No excuses. Throw a ton of resources at the problem. Come hell or high water do everything you can to ensure next years oline won’t get someone who actually matters killed.

4 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You expect. I hope but don’t feel like pinning our qb’s health on hope and expectation. I think that’s the sort of Rivera/ Hurney approach that got us here. Taking an urgent matter and pinning your hopes on things working out in a convenient way so that you can address things you’d prefer to address, like drafting yet another linebacker. 

Out team is full of holes and problems, but only one of these problems has the potential to impact our situation at the most important position in the game long term. 

Fix that problem first, and not by crossing your fingers and hoping late round and multiple concussion rookies will get better. It’s nice if they do, but banking on that is setting yourself up for failure.

I like drafting a center in the 2nd, think that’s a solid move, but if one of the top tackles is available at 7, I think we need to do that too. Trading up for burrow is pointless if he has to play behind this dumpster fire.

Tackles are tricky, they take time to develop, I’m not hoping little is better I expect it since he was banged up most the season, Daley if he gets TC at the position we want him out looks likes he’s capable and paradis can’t possibly suck as bad as he was last year. 

again if T Is bpa go for it but improving the interior can be done with minimum draft resources allowing this to be spent on other areas 

i agree with you and i think that fans are more inclined to pull for the sexy acquisitions,  im sure (or atleast, i hope) those at the top feel this way. we've watched cam have to avoid sacks for years now, and there is no qb in the near future that had anywhere near the ability cam did to avoiding sacks. whoever we put back there will get absolutely killed behind this line, i still have hope for little and moton though. it's just the interior. lineplay should be prioritized over everything; teams with lines win titles. look at what the titans are doing this year. the 17 eagles, the pats basically every year theyve won, etc.

Archived