• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rebuild the offense this year

Snake

Unless we trade up for Tua.

Grab one of these 3 elite OTs to BEEF this OL up for the next QB.  Whether it be Bridgewater, Love (in the 2nd), Trevor Lawerence (in 2021) or someone else.

Make sure the new guy is protected so he doesnt get killed and his confidence killed first thing.

Assuming Brady can field an offense that can put up points in bunches, yes. Build the offense first, focus on defense next year. But the fact remains, you have to have a top 15 defense to really compete. We have a bottom 5 currently. We can't sit pat with this defense this year. Focus on offense a bit more (OL particularly), I think that's a good idea but the defense HAS to be addressed.

theres going to be a youth movement in carolina.  Trades wont just be centered around Cam.  Carolina may trade or cut some older vets that may not last through the rebuild to be worth salvaging.  Also at some point, Carolina will need a long snapper.  Jansen is 33

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

I agree with the need to fix the offence. I feel like its easier to scheme an average defense than it is to do the same on offence.

We all know that if not this year then next year we are drafting a QB so might as well fix the line for them. 

Personally I think its the opposite.  The QB and OC play such a large part of the success of the offense.

I think a defense is more based on talent, where as offense can succeed more off of scheme, and those two positions mentioned earlier.  I would guess you could put Brees and Payton with any offensive personnel in the league and they would still put up points.

Really though if you are truly rebuilding you are just trying to accumulate good players, and you find those through the draft.  You don't add FAs during the rebuild, you build your team then add them later.  Finding above average players in the draft is a lot  harder than people realize so you can't get handclap yourself by looking just for one side of the ball.

Also I would add the QB last in a rebuild.  Adding him to a terrible team would be a quick way to stunt his development or make yourself just average.  One exception to that would be if one fell in the draft, Tua, like I said good players are hard enough to find.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we want to try to be competitive, probably our best bet is to bring back Cam, focus on building a legit OL, patch together a D the best we can and basically try to be the Chiefs. Win with a high flying offense that can compensate for a really bad defense.

I'm trying to figure out why a lot of people don't see this.

Besides bringing in a new QB behind a bad OL is stupid. Address the OL hard anyway.

Archived