• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would you rebuild?

AU-panther

This is how I would like things to happen. 
1. We keep Cam. I haven’t lost all hope yet. 
2. We sign a ILB during FA. Preferably Van Noy or Jamie Collins. 
3. We take Simmons in the draft at #7, Neville Gallimore Or Bryce Hall in the second round. Focus on OL rest of the draft.

I feel like cam and Joe Brady will vibe, and hopefully things will click... hopefully....:(

1) Acquire as much draft capital as possible. Not necessarily for 2020, but 2021 and 2022 as well.

2) I'm letting the Free Agents walk this year and making difficult cuts now to clear their dead money by the time it's needed it in 2-3 years. 

3) Extend CMC. He's the face of the franchise now.

4) FA - I'm limiting spending in year 2020 to maximize cap rollover. There are a few guys I'd look at if the price is right long term, especially in the secondary. I'd take a flyer on Mariota on a 2-3 year deal and let him compete will Allen and Grier, essentially keeping the seat warm for the next Franchise QB.

5) Draft - BPA, no questions asked. I want young, freak athletes who can be molded and developed. Hopefully we pay more attention to SPARQ scores with this staff.

6) Ride out the season. Let the young guys get their feet wet and develop rather that shelve them behind aging vets like Rivera did for years. I think there is a core group of young guys who can take a jump next season.

2021 - Start using the money freed up to extend some guys and in FA to fill some holes. Use the draft capital to get your franchise QB if not already in a position to do so. Keep drafting to strengthen the lines. 

2022 - Draft your franchise QB some weapons and playmakers on defense. Make a playoff appearance.

2023 - Super Bowl

1 hour ago, NYPantherFan said:

1) Acquire as much draft capital as possible. Not necessarily for 2020, but 2021 and 2022 as well.

2) I'm letting the Free Agents walk this year and making difficult cuts now to clear their dead money by the time it's needed it in 2-3 years. 

3) Extend CMC. He's the face of the franchise now.

4) FA - I'm limiting spending in year 2020 to maximize cap rollover. There are a few guys I'd look at if the price is right long term, especially in the secondary. I'd take a flyer on Mariota on a 2-3 year deal and let him compete will Allen and Grier, essentially keeping the seat warm for the next Franchise QB.

5) Draft - BPA, no questions asked. I want young, freak athletes who can be molded and developed. Hopefully we pay more attention to SPARQ scores with this staff.

6) Ride out the season. Let the young guys get their feet wet and develop rather that shelve them behind aging vets like Rivera did for years. I think there is a core group of young guys who can take a jump next season.

2021 - Start using the money freed up to extend some guys and in FA to fill some holes. Use the draft capital to get your franchise QB if not already in a position to do so. Keep drafting to strengthen the lines. 

2022 - Draft your franchise QB some weapons and playmakers on defense. Make a playoff appearance.

2023 - Super Bowl

Overpaying a runningback in the middle of rebuilding would be the number one thing not to do. It's just dumb.

CMC is not worth overpaying. Even in his "MVP" season we went 5-11. Runningbacks just aren't that important for anything beyond fantasy football.

If the 49ers and even the Titans have shown us anything, it's that you don't need elite QB play to compete if you have a complete roster. The Panthers could win with freaking Kyle Allen if they had a better defense and offensive line.

I vote fix the lines and the rest will take care of itself.

47 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If the 49ers and even the Titans have shown us anything, it's that you don't need elite QB play to compete if you have a complete roster. The Panthers could win with freaking Kyle Allen if they had a better defense and offensive line.

I vote fix the lines and the rest will take care of itself.

San Fran has a QB that can consistently get the ball downfield. They also have a three back run game that wears down defenses for 4 quarters.

The Titans are definitely impressive to be winning the way they are with Tannehill but even he is getting the ball downfield when he needs to. I mean what more needs to be said when Ryan Tannehill is world's better than the top two options we trotted out for most of 2019?

Raise the bar.

Hire a GM that understands football inside and out, and values the salary cap.

I know lots like to see us win games, I couldn't care less about going 6-10 or 7-9 again, we need to be in a position to be able to reach the top of the draft next offseason.

Cut the aging vets, and see if we can draft a young cheap team that shows promise.  We know what Poe, McCoy, Irvin, etc....can do, we need to get younger, and they need experience.  Again, don't really care if we lose every game next season.  Last time we almost accomplished that, we got a franchise QB, no reason that can't happen again.

Focus a LOT of resources on the offensive line.  Let Grier and Allen battle it out and see who wins, maybe we get our longtime backup that way.

See ya Olsen and Gano, y'all take care.

No restructures to aging vets, no matter the reason, stack cash and be ready to overpay for offensive linemen if legitimate ones pop loose.

Archived