• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke to coach?

pantherdad

2 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

I beg to disagree.  Luke would feel far more allegiance to the Panthers, and the brothers he has on that defense, than to Rivera, who never did a thing for him -- didn't draft him, didn't pay him.

I think there's maybe never been a more straight-up guy than Luke, and if he chooses to coach, you'd better believe it'll be for his "home team."

Rivera was the coach here when he was drafted and when he signed his second contract.  After his 2nd year any coach would have wanted him to stay on there team forever but I would bet his allegiance to Rivera and to the Panthers are pretty much the same and tied together for him.

My personal preference would be for him to become a scout. Imagine how much better our draft would be with Luke watching film. I think that is the ideal situation. He is close to the game but doesn't get those feelings of being on the sideline. 

I really think Luke watching film on prospects would find us some real diamonds in the rough! 

His decision to retire was probably brought about by the confluence of a number of issues, but you cannot think that the idea of settling down, getting married and starting a family wasn’t a factor.  When you only worry about yourself, you don’t think as much about the future as you do when you bring others into your life.  I wouldn’t be surprised if his girlfriend had as much say in where he goes as he does.  

4 hours ago, Green_Tea said:

Him being a coach next season would be weird knowing he could still suit up and be one of the best LBs in the NFL.

No he was one bad hit from damaging  his brain even more 

main reason maybe the only reason why he retired

Would be the best news out of Carolina in quite some time if they inked him to a coaching deal. I would literally be very comfortable seeing him jump all the early stations and starting out as DC right off the bat. The man can lead, can teach and he knows the game as well as anyone who has set foot on the field.

Archived