• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Outsider

Rubi

New creepy HBO series based on the Stephen King novel. Really like how dark it is. HBO does a good job with how gritty some of their shows are. This one is kind of like True Detective with more of a supernatural evil. Enjoying it so far. 

I was extremely disappointed with the first 2 episodes and won't be back. I didn't find anything about it challenging or mysterious or creepy. Matter of fact, it was pretty predictable and weak, in my opinion.

I read King back in the day when he was the hottest author out there, and a lot of his early stuff was pretty good. But, over a period of time, the formula becomes fairly predictable and familiar and they all start reading alike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, Anybodyhome said:

I was extremely disappointed with the first 2 episodes and won't be back. I didn't find anything about it challenging or mysterious or creepy. Matter of fact, it was pretty predictable and weak, in my opinion.

I read King back in the day when he was the hottest author out there, and a lot of his early stuff was pretty good. But, over a period of time, the formula becomes fairly predictable and familiar and they all start reading alike.

It doesn't get good until they bring in Holly Gibney. First two episodes were setup episodes. It's moving pretty well now. 

• 1 month later...

Really happy with the final episode...other than the stupid 'sniper's bullet shooting a gasoline leak and making the entire vehicle burst into a ball of flames' choice that Jason Bateman made. Otherwise it was great. The post credits scene was interesting; I've read they're thinking about another season since the ratings were so high. Chasing that cash!

Thought the interaction with the outsider was a bit weak. I wanted more info from him and some answers. It felt rushed. I still enjoyed the suspense of the season overall. Just wish the end had more bite to it 

10 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Thought the interaction with the outsider was a bit weak. I wanted more info from him and some answers. It felt rushed. I still enjoyed the suspense of the season overall. Just wish the end had more bite to it 

Same, big build up for not much payoff, easily killed not much backstory. 

But still enjoyed it, just nitpicking really. 

Archived