• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing to keep an eye on this offseason.

1of10Charnatives

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Yup. Just goes to show there are no guarantees. One of the obvious problems with tanking is you can't really get hyper competitive pro athletes who's next contract depends on how good they play to suck for the sake of getting better guys to replace them.

There aren’t but the Dolphins still got pick 5, 18 and 26. Not like they got a kid round pick and all their firsts is more than enough to trade up to 1 or 2. We aren’t as good as the 2019 Dolphins and we just lost Luke, Greg and probably Cam. I’d say we are in an even better position to tank. We don’t even have as many desirable pieces to trade and again the Dolphins even with the end of the season winning streak are still likely to get the #2 QB and 2 more first round picks. Their tank job seems to have worked.

6 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Yup. Just goes to show there are no guarantees. One of the obvious problems with tanking is you can't really get hyper competitive pro athletes who's next contract depends on how good they play to suck for the sake of getting better guys to replace them.

God I'm hating going thru this with both local pro teams... We finally get a franchise QB and only get 8 years is BS.. Now we're possibly going thru the search again.. fug!!

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Could we get a 1 and 3rd for him?

Rbs are undervalued nowadays so we wouldn’t get a haul like I think a lot of people would think. For me it’s about what franchise we’d be trading him to. If it’s a franchise that isn’t known for winning a ton I think a first (top 15 projected pick) and a 3rd would be ok. If it’s a winning franchise I’d need a first and a second.

that said I don’t think the panthers will trade cmc even if they should. It’s just really bad in one offseason to lose luke Greg cam and cmc

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There aren’t but the Dolphins still got pick 5, 18 and 26. Not like they got a kid round pick and all their firsts is more than enough to trade up to 1 or 2. We aren’t as good as the 2019 Dolphins and we just lost Luke, Greg and probably Cam. I’d say we are in an even better position to tank. We don’t even have as many desirable pieces to trade and again the Dolphins even with the end of the season winning streak are still likely to get the #2 QB and 2 more first round picks. Their tank job seems to have worked.

Plain and simple they aren't guaranteed poo.. They aren't guaranteed to get the 2nd best QB in the draft at 5 if Detroit or NY wants more picks and makes a deal.. Their "true Tank" looks like a failure.. And it's coming at a time when the Pat's are falling Which really sucks..

Yeah they have enough to trade up in a year when the number 1 drafting team needs a QB just as much and the 2nd team has a generational type defensive player in their sights.. So 1 and 2 are pretty much not for sell.. And who really wants to give up assets for the 2nd best QB after trying to do a "true Tank"? That seem like you failed to me..

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Last time we had a CBA agreement, we came out of it with a ton of cap room (2010).  Maybe Marty learned from that.  Maybe Marty is the "hatchet man"

We came out with a lot of cap room simply because cutting anyone in 2010 did not hit the cap .... there was no cap. So JR had Hurney cut veterans. Money was owed in some cases because of prior constant restructuring, Jake mostly, but it did not hit the cap that was put back in place. BUT Stewart's new contract did. Hurney quickly spent that cap and he's going to do it again.

Archived