• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Tackle draft rankings

raleigh-panther

18 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Same. I don't understand what people don't understand about this- draft a good LT that can help keep Cam healthy, that's a 2-for-1 deal. Both positions are covered for a while.

It also improves CMC's ability to make big plays.

"Run Blocking - Powerful worker in the run game. Does well to unlock his hips, accelerate his feet and create movement. Lethal working combos and down blocking. Long, physical and aggressive when pushing around SEC defensive linemen."

"As a run blocker, Thomas is outstanding and profiles as an immediate impact blocker in that regard."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/andrew-thomas/eGlH3R2cHb

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. I also think it's a lot easier to find serviceable DTs than it is serviceable OTs. We're stuck with KK for at least another year or two due to that restructure, so go get a poor man's Star to pair with him in Leki Fotu in the 3rd.

Yea I've been seeing Fotu's name a lot and honestly our defense really isnt one player away from being a top tier unit anyways. As good as Brown is unless he comes in and is AS good as Aaron Donald hes not going to mask all of the other holes along the front 7 and secondary.

Now if we bring in a solid LT and use Little as that 6th lineman that "swing" tackle I think it'd be beneficial. Gives Little more time to grow accustomed to the game and honestly who knows what's going to happen with Moton and his contract extension. Olineman get injured and rarely do you see a starting 5 start and finish the season together playing 100% of the snaps. That's one of the most important position groups to have solid depth at.

5 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Yea I've been seeing Fotu's name a lot and honestly our defense really isnt one player away from being a top tier unit anyways. As good as Brown is unless he comes in and is AS good as Aaron Donald hes not going to mask all of the other holes along the Dline. 

Now if we bring in a solid LT and use Little as that 6th lineman that "swing" tackle I think it'd be beneficial. Gives Little more time to grow accustomed to the game and honestly who knows what's going to happen with Moton and his contract extension. Olineman get injured and rarely do you see a starting 5 start and finish the season together playing 100% of the snaps. That's one of the most important position groups to have solid depth at.

That's the other thing people tend to forget. Moton is going into the last year of his contract. Who knows if he'll be here long-term? Little could potentially move to LG this coming year and/or RT the next season. I don't think it has to be LT or bust for Greg Little.

You need a great offense to win .  First it gets their defense tired and it keeps their offense off the field .  If you have a great defense and a so so offense you will lose .  You have to score points to win .  Put your effort in building up the O-line first , then the defense .

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Our first pick will be OL. With KK and hopefully Gerald McCoy there I'd bet we aren't going to bet the bank on a DT that won't be an immediate starter.

CB, WR ... no way we pick one as the first pick in the draft.

LB will be our first pick next season.

McCoy isn’t staying. He wants to play in the play offs at least once in his career.

I'm betting on DT as well.

29 minutes ago, Tbe said:

McCoy isn’t staying. He wants to play in the play offs at least once in his career.

I'm betting on DT as well.

I feel bad for McCoy. Talented player who works hard. Smart, class act. Does everything you could want and even stays loyal to the team that drafted him until it’s obvious they won’t be winning during his career.  Comes here to play with Cam thinking he’s joining a winner and then we immediately fall apart. I mean I know the dude is a highly paid athlete and his life doesn’t exactly suck, but in that sense seems like he can’t catch a break.

Hope he lands somewhere great next.

28 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I feel bad for McCoy. Talented player who works hard. Smart, class act. Does everything you could want and even stays loyal to the team that drafted him until it’s obvious they won’t be winning during his career.  Comes here to play with Cam thinking he’s joining a winner and then we immediately fall apart. I mean I know the dude is a highly paid athlete and his life doesn’t exactly suck, but in that sense seems like he can’t catch a break.

Hope he lands somewhere great next.

Yeah, chose us over Baltimore. Sucks.

image.jpeg.940362fe772c839f073bbf72779c5558.jpeg

We could always use an upgrade at LT but when they invested in a 2nd round pick (moved up to get) just last year and with Daley, I don't see it this year for the 1st round. Do they get one in the 2nd or 3rd, maybe. By Simmons or Brown unless they trade back little, which I really think is a possibility. They are not looking to be good next year. They want to be great a couple of years from now. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only two DTs currently under contract are on the wrong side of 30 and coming off of season ending injuries. That ain't good. I think we'll draft at least one and sign at least one FA. When all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Poe is cut. I'll be surprised if McCoy is brought back.

Poe had underperformed in his role for what he is being paid unfortunately. The #1 need on this team at the moment is DT and it isn't close. We might even need a FA DT or 2.

2 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

There's concerns about Andrew Thomas in pass protection

I would much rather have a LT who excels at pass protection over the run game.

Must see the combine before even looking at LTs, they must be athletic freaks even if raw because these speed rushers eat tackles this day and time.

Archived