• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big News 3.0... Joey Slye Extended

ncfan

5 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I find it amusing when someone says "Slye sucks" or "Slye struggled" as their argument, and my response is factual information...I am being the one called a fanboi you can't reason with.

One one side we have people avoiding information.  On another side we have people adding additional information.  The informed side is called the unreasonable side.

And for what its worth, I am not a Slye fanboi.  I don't care who our kicker is specifically.  I don't feel Slye has done enough to lock down a long term deal.  Only explaining why I am not against a 1 year low risk deal.

PS.  I did my best to avoid those pesky things like "facts" and "context" that apparently makes you poo posts.  

You are literally the only person that has said he sucks in this thread. Go back from the start and re-read the posts, man. No one attacked him or even said anything overly negative about him. You got pretty defensive pretty quickly about a pretty nothing move and a couple of comments about him struggling(which is absolutely a reasonable assessment). 

2 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

There are definitely people expressing negative viewpoints concerning Slye being signed.  Which is what prompted my initial response.

Start from the beginning of this thread and point them out before you posted. It didn't happen, dogg. You are making up this battle in your head.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He's a good insurance policy until Gano is healthy or until a better option comes along. He probably won't lose us as many games as our QB's, OL or DL do if we don't improve those situations. 

But if you talk to some on this very board, Graham Gano is the reason for each loss this team has taken since he joined the roster.

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

But if you talk to some on this very board, Graham Gano is the reason for each loss this team has taken since he joined the roster.

Lol. I am aware. He was pretty damn good for us for a period of time, although he has had his struggles as well(especially on XP's). 

I think kickers tend to get a lot of hate anyway. It is what it is.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Didn't necessarily see that coming given his struggles as the season went on.

Kind of hoping we draft that kicker from Georgia with a late rounder.

Not defending him, and I agree with you about Butker.  But most of his struggles were in the middle of the season.  He was actually nearly perfect over the last 5 or 6 games.  Of course, there was very little pressure on him at that point as we were getting blown out a lot.

37 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

We are definitely going for a tank season with the moves we have made and I'm okay with it

The signings we have made so far are largely low risk roster filling moves. Nothing of any real consequence or long term impact. Basically all these guys can be jettisoned if we find better players. I wouldn't read too much into the "tank" aspect based on those moves. You will have an idea about that when free agency begins.

Archived