• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brees is coming back.

WarPanthers89

13 hours ago, Snake said:

No not going to happen. You can not sign him. Or not sign Bridgwater. Whichever. 

You do realize Hill is a RFA and will more than likely have a 1st round tender placed on him if he isn’t re-signed before the legal tampering period begins and we still retain the right to match any offer sheet he signs, right?

If a team wants to pay him an absurd amount of money despite only having 13 pass attempts in the NFL then by all means, we’ll take that 1st round pick, keep Bridgewater, and have Brees at least another year.

13 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Brees is a stat padder. He's not reliable in the clutch. They'll lose again in the playoffs and it'll be hilarious.

If he’s not reliable in the clutch, then why over the last two seasons is he 2nd in the league in both game winning drives (9) and 4th quarter comebacks (7), trailing only Deshaun Watson in both?

• Watson - 10 GWD, 8 4QC
  • Brees - 9 GWD, 7 4QC
  • Wilson - 9 GWD, 6 4QC
  • Rodgers - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Goff - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Carr - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Tannehill - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Wentz - 6 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Rivers - 5 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Trubisky - 5 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Prescott - 5 GWD, 3 4QC
  • Garoppolo - 4 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Fitzpatrick - 4 GWD, 3 4QC
  • Ryan - 3 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Mahomes - 3 GWD, 3 4QC
  • Brady - 3 GWD, 2 4QC
  • Winston - 3 GWD, 2 4QC
  • Stafford - 2 GWD, 2 4QC
  • Cousins - 1 GWD, 2 4QC

It’s universally agreed upon across the league that both Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are both clutch, yet Brees is right there with both of them and he’s not clutch? Interesting. Care to take your rose tinted glasses off long enough to elaborate or you want to keep spewing nonsense and showing exactly how little you know about football?

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

You do realize Hill is a RFA and will more than likely have a 1st round tender placed on him if he isn’t re-signed before the legal tampering period begins and we still retain the right to match any offer sheet he signs, right?

If a team wants to pay him an absurd amount of money despite only having 13 pass attempts in the NFL then by all means, we’ll take that 1st round pick, keep Bridgewater, and have Brees at least another year.

If he’s not reliable in the clutch, then why over the last two seasons is he 2nd in the league in both game winning drives (9) and 4th quarter comebacks (7), trailing only Deshaun Watson in both?

• Watson - 10 GWD, 8 4QC
  • Brees - 9 GWD, 7 4QC
  • Wilson - 9 GWD, 6 4QC
  • Rodgers - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Goff - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Carr - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Wentz - 6 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Rivers - 5 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Ryan - 3 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Mahomes - 3 GWD, 3 4QC
  • Brady - 3 GWD, 2 4QC
  • Winston - 3 GWD, 2 4QC
  • Cousins - 1 GWD, 2 4QC

It’s universally agreed upon across the league that both Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson are both clutch, yet Brees is right there with both of them and he’s not clutch? Interesting. Care to take your rose tinted glasses off long enough to elaborate or you want to keep spewing nonsense and showing exactly how little you know about football?

How many of those are in the playoffs over the past two years?

Last I checked, Brees is the NFL's biggest choker during playoff time. 

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

How many of those are in the playoffs over the past two years?

Last I checked, Brees is the NFL's biggest choker during playoff time. 

None of those numbers I posted include playoff games because playoff stats and regular season stats are, and always have been, separate entities that are never cumulative when discussed in this regard. Hell, more than quarter of those QB’s haven’t even played in a playoff game in the last two years.

However since you brought up playoffs, here’s a few stats that may suit your fancy: in our last 8 playoff games, Brees led the offense down the field to tie or take the lead with less than 5 minutes in regulation SEVEN times (7). Four of those 7 drives were against either the #1 or #2 scoring defense that season and he did it twice against each of those teams (2011 vs. 49ers and 2017 vs. Vikings).

5 of those 7 tying/potential game winning drives tied or put us in the lead with less than 2 minutes remaining in regulation.

Of those 5 potential tying/game winning drives with less than 2:00 to go, the defense went 0-4 with protecting a lead/tie game after Brees did his part. The only game the defense didn’t blow the lead in was the 2013 Wild Card in Philadelphia and it’s only because we kicked the game-winning FG as time expired and they didn’t have to go back on the field.

So to say Brees is “the biggest choker come playoff time” is a laughable exaggeration any way it’s attempted to be sliced. Not only because he’s continuously led methodical drives to take the lead or tie the game in crunch time, but also because 16 playoff games, he’s only turned the ball over twice while trailing in the last 5 minutes of regulation or overtime. One of those became moot because our offense ended up driving and tying the game with 0:07 left and the other was after already driving and taking the lead with 1:45 left to play in regulation, a lead which the defense subsequently squandered away.

Come on now, kungfoodude, I expect much better of you. I know you’re much smarter than what you’ve posted. I know we’re rivals and you have to “hate everything Saints”, but we’ve had brilliant conversations before so I’m going to have to keep holding you to that higher standard I know you’re capable of and call you on when you’re only trying to grab the low hanging fruit.

:)

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

None of those numbers I posted include playoff games because playoff stats and regular season stats are, and always have been, separate entities that are never cumulative when discussed in this regard. Hell, more than quarter of those QB’s haven’t even played in a playoff game in the last two years.

However since you brought up playoffs, here’s a few stats that may suit your fancy: in our last 8 playoff games, Brees led the offense down the field to tie or take the lead with less than 5 minutes in regulation SEVEN times (7). Four of those 7 drives were against either the #1 or #2 scoring defense that season and he did it twice against each of those teams (2011 vs. 49ers and 2017 vs. Vikings).

5 of those 7 tying/potential game winning drives tied or put us in the lead with less than 2 minutes remaining in regulation.

Of those 5 potential tying/game winning drives with less than 2:00 to go, the defense went 0-4 with protecting a lead/tie game after Brees did his part. The only game the defense didn’t blow the lead in was the 2013 Wild Card in Philadelphia and it’s only because we kicked the game-winning FG as time expired and they didn’t have to go back on the field.

So to say Brees is “the biggest choker come playoff time” is a laughable exaggeration any way it’s attempted to be sliced. Not only because he’s continuously led methodical drives to take the lead or tie the game in crunch time, but also because 16 playoff games, he’s only turned the ball over twice while trailing in the last 5 minutes of regulation or overtime. One of those became moot because our offense ended up driving and tying the game with 0:07 left and the other was after already driving and taking the lead with 1:45 left to play in regulation, a lead which the defense subsequently squandered away.

Come on now, kungfoodude, I expect much better of you. I know you’re much smarter than what you’ve posted. I know we’re rivals and you have to “hate everything Saints”, but we’ve had brilliant conversations before so I’m going to have to keep holding you to that higher standard I know you’re capable of and call you on when you’re only trying to grab the low hanging fruit.

:)

Okay, I'll correct that to "The New Orleans Saints are the NFL's biggest choker during playoff time."

More accurate?

On 2/22/2020 at 4:01 AM, Iron Saint said:

• Watson - 10 GWD, 8 4QC
  • Brees - 9 GWD, 7 4QC
  • Wilson - 9 GWD, 6 4QC
  • Rodgers - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Goff - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Carr - 6 GWD, 5 4QC
  • Wentz - 6 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Rivers - 5 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Ryan - 3 GWD, 4 4QC
  • Mahomes - 3 GWD, 3 4QC
  • Brady - 3 GWD, 2 4QC
  • Winston - 3 GWD, 2 4QC
  • Cousins - 1 GWD, 2 4QC

Hill will be gone if you resign Bridgewater. Deal with it and deal with the fact if we get him we will use him to beat your sorry teams ass. 

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

Hill will be gone if you resign Bridgewater. Deal with it and deal with the fact if we get him we will use him to beat your sorry teams ass. 

Who...Hill?? If we sign Hill, I am just done with the Panthers. That guy flat out sucks. He has thrown 15 career passes with a sub-50% completion percentage and HAS NEVER THROWN A TD PASS IN THE NFL. And all this as a 29 year old(30 years as of 2020 season)??? Not only no, but HELL NO.

If all this news about him being the future in NO isn't a Sean Payton smokescreen, then they are going to revert back to the historical Saints once Brees retires.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Who...Hill?? If we sign Hill, I am just done with the Panthers. That guy flat out sucks. He has thrown 15 career passes with a sub-50% completion percentage and HAS NEVER THROWN A TD PASS IN THE NFL. And all this as a 29 year old(30 years as of 2020 season)??? Not only no, but HELL NO.

If all this news about him being the future in NO isn't a Sean Payton smokescreen, then they are going to revert back to the historical Saints once Brees retires.

I just like messing with Iron saint. I actually would rather have Bridgewater as a FA pick up. He would be a good stop gap till we draft a QB. Depending on what we choose to do year one. Full tank we definitely won't sign a FA but if we actually want to start putting a system together it would be a smart move. He would know the system we will be using. 

Brees and Teddy already count around 18 million to the cap in 2020 ...unsigned, due to void year cap magic. Brees isn't going to play for less than 25.  Teddy isn't going to re-sign in NO for less than 15, and could probably get 20 elsewhere. 

58 million in 2 QBs next year?  Yeah, zero chance both are on the team next season.  It's Brees and Hill, IF Hill doesn't hold out after the tender is placed on him/want his shot somewhere else. 

9 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Brees and Teddy already count around 18 million to the cap in 2020 ...unsigned, due to void year cap magic. Brees isn't going to play for less than 25.  Teddy isn't going to re-sign in NO for less than 15, and could probably get 20 elsewhere. 

58 million in 2 QBs next year?  Yeah, zero chance both are on the team next season.  It's Brees and Hill, IF Hill doesn't hold out after the tender is placed on him/want his shot somewhere else. 

I think he holds out and forces NO to move him. I just don't see them keeping him for cheap. 

On 2/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, kungfoodude said:

Okay, I'll correct that to "The New Orleans Saints are the NFL's biggest choker during playoff time."

More accurate?

Add “defense” in that sentence and I won’t can’t argue against it.

:crying:

On 2/23/2020 at 7:25 AM, Snake said:

I’d rather not watch Taysom run through our whole defense next year. LOLOL.

:fear:

On 2/23/2020 at 8:06 AM, kungfoodude said:

Who...Hill?? If we sign Hill, I am just done with the Panthers. That guy flat out sucks. He has thrown 15 career passes with a sub-50% completion percentage and HAS NEVER THROWN A TD PASS IN THE NFL. 

Yeah but he has 9 receiving/rushing TD’s! 11 when you add in the two playoff TD’s. And he plays like 17 different positions.

Come on, guys. Give us that 7th overall pick, y’all don’t need it. We know what to do with it.

:tongue:

On 2/23/2020 at 9:53 AM, Snake said:

I just like messing with Iron saint. I actually would rather have Bridgewater as a FA pick up. He would be a good stop gap till we draft a QB. Depending on what we choose to do year one. Full tank we definitely won't sign a FA but if we actually want to start putting a system together it would be a smart move. He would know the system we will be using. 

He’s a fine QB, but I think the question marks y’all have at various spots on y’all roster might have him doubting his success if he’d sign with y’all.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:02 AM, CarolinaNCSU said:

Brees isn't going to play for less than 25.  Teddy isn't going to re-sign in NO for less than 15, and could probably get 20 elsewhere. 

Brees played for $22.7M last year and $24M the year before.

The same was also said for Bridgewater when entering free agency last year, then he turned down starting QB money from the Dolphins and re-signed here for $7.25M.

Now it wouldn’t surprise me if Bridgewater does get an offer for ~$20M+ APY and I wouldn’t blame him for leaving. However, it has to be the right situation to get him to leave and he knows that. He knows he has a good situation here.

I think it’s a VERY good possibility he does leave and it is Brees/Hill as you said, however in that situation I’d bet my last dollar that we’ll also sign another veteran QB to be #2 where Hill can continue being deployed how he has been for the last two seasons.

On 2/21/2020 at 2:29 PM, OneBadCat said:

Brees is a stat padder. He's not reliable in the clutch. They'll lose again in the playoffs and it'll be hilarious.

I'd say that's looking at things through Panther colored glasses.

Brees has generally been very good in the playoffs, though I'll grant last year could be viewed as a possible exception.

You have to wait and see whether it was just the injury or if age is starting to catch up to him (which is a legitimate possibility).

Archived