• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, stirs said:

In mid-March, we were being told 1.7 million might die, now, we are being told 60k.

Will our looking back help prevention of the disease and ones like it in the future?  I certainly hope so.  But, will it also give us pause about how headlines are made for clicks and what it does to a society filled not with knowledge, but fear?  I certainly hope so.  Most Americans can rest easy now that they have enough toilet paper to pass down to their grandkids when they pass away.

That can only happen in how we respond. SARS and MERS were caught early and were limited, this thing is an animal on its own.

Just now, philit99 said:

Disagreeing is ok, its part of being American. I'll leave my opinion above and we can move on.

I emphatically guarantee if there was a different president at the helm. This never would have happened and we would not be experiencing what we are now. 

• Poo 1

12 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Next year at the earliest. I have heard maybe sports could get back to normal around Thanksgiving, that came from a line in one of those Wall Street Journal articles I read. I don't have the source handy, so consider it a fallacy.

holy poo dude its gunna be way sooner

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

That can only happen in how we respond. SARS and MERS were caught early and were limited, this thing is an animal on its own.

You seem to be invested in the Coronavirus destroying the earth.

Could it be in the end, that it turns out to be "just another flu", but without the flu shots that protect the elderly that we are used to?

Not saying that is the case, but if we lose 20-60k each year with seasonal flu, and we have shots for it, then who knows where this one will rank

If you are making big money as you say, I would say you are pretty intelligent, what do the numbers tell you?  Emotion seems to be speaking for you with every post.  We know what you feel, now, what do you think?

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I emphatically guarantee if there was a different president at the helm. This never would have happened and we would not be experiencing what we are now. 

Well, at least you are emphatic, otherwise I might dismiss this guarantee

19 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

FIFY. The president is the leader of the free nation. A leader with no ability to take responsibility, thus a leader doomed to fail. We have known about this for a long time, we had ample time to prepare. Instead, here we are now. 

The people arguing with you here are trying to subvert this thread into a rightwing tinderbox, for obvious reasons. 

ah yes, it's merely a conspiracy. im secretly an alt-right neo-nazi trying to distract everyone from the REAL issues, facts be damned. its not that i am someone who just wants updates and facts on the issue at hand, i am something much eviler. a beast from the land known as st*rmfront. if you look through the thread, you can see all of the rightwing opinions- wait there are literally none, you can't nevermind. how could you have known? i covered my tracks so well, what with me never having posted in the tinderbox before, and the literal only political statement ive ever made was very vague post i posted earlier. you are truly, a psychic. teach me your ways, awoken one. /s

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, stirs said:

You seem to be invested in the Coronavirus destroying the earth.

Could it be in the end, that it turns out to be "just another flu", but without the flu shots that protect the elderly that we are used to?

Not saying that is the case, but if we lose 20-60k each year with seasonal flu, and we have shots for it, then who knows where this one will rank

If you are making big money as you say, I would say you are pretty intelligent, what do the numbers tell you?  Emotion seems to be speaking for you with every post.  We know what you feel, now, what do you think?

LOL, I am not a doomsdayer. I am simply telling you that no one wants to get this disease. It will not destroy the earth, but it will take much longer than most think to get back to normal. Right now the US has 435,160 cases. How many do you think we need to get down to before we go back to work and start surrounding ourselves with other people? Once there is a vaccine, it will be different, until then this is the new normal. I'm not trying to take away your sunshine, but just being realistic.

Edited by philit99

38 minutes ago, bull123 said:

At this point a vaccine does seem a ways away

what we need is a treatment...so when we do get the virus,  it doesn’t turn into a gravely ill situation 

this needs to come quickly and all possibilities should be considered 

Are you and your family willing to sign up to be Test subjects for unproven and potentially dangerous treatments? 

yeah, I didn’t think so. 

Just now, stirs said:

Settle down guys

I was sarcastic to one of the political guys the other day when he was name calling and told him to take it to the TB and guess who got banned?

Just get back to virus talk

Unfortunately the Coronavirus has passed into the political realm. Some people may have a problem with that, but that’s just the way it is. Politics and political influence have polluted the way the USA and some parts of the world are handling this pandemic. It’s foolish to think otherwise. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

LOL, I am not a doomsdayer. I am simply telling you that no one wants to get this disease. It will not destroy the earth, but it will take much longer than most think to get back to normal. Right now the US has 435,160 cases. How many do you think we need to get down to before we go back to work and start surrounding ourselves with other people? Once there is a vaccine, it will be different, until then this is the new normal. I'm not trying to take away your sunshine, but just being realistic.

As I have mentioned for quite sometime, as soon as they get the test out for antibodies, I think it will be a game changer.  The ones being sold from China are junk, big surprise, and the US is ultra cautious and slow, but when it comes, it will take a lot of guesswork out of our society.

2 minutes ago, beo said:

ah yes, it's merely a conspiracy. im secretly an alt-right neo-nazi trying to distract everyone from the REAL issues, facts be damned. its not that i am someone who just wants updates and facts on the issue at hand, i am something much eviler. a beast from the land known as st*rmfront. if you look through the thread, you can see all of the rightwing opinions- wait there are literally none, you can't nevermind. how could you have known? i covered my tracks so well, what with me never having posted in the tinderbox before, and the literal only political statement ive ever made was very vague post i posted earlier. you are truly, a psychic. teach me your ways, awoken one. /s

FWIW, I am not trying to spout any political message. I am simply stating you can not defend this president, he made mistakes that cost lives. However, he is a politician and like most politicians, he is incapable of admitting mistakes. He can still turn the corner, but he should limit his messages and opinions and let the professionals answer questions with facts. I don't need to hear that he inherited a broken system and everything is someone else's fault, he is elected it is his job to fix it.

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Unfortunately the Coronavirus has passed into the political realm. Some people may have a problem with that, but that’s just the way it is. Politics and political influence have polluted the way the USA and some parts of the world are handling this pandemic. It’s foolish to think otherwise. 

In the US, especially in an election year, nothing passes into the political realm, it is born into a political realm that already exists and dominates and manipulates every moment of society.  Critical thinking is out the window, numbers are out the window.  Driving emotions is key to getting people to vote.  Fear is one of the biggest ones.