• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

8 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

It’s about to get worse... large corporations announcing they will be laying off people around the new year.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/wells-fargo-signals-substantial-layoffs-ahead/5ZQ3LTTIKVFPVF3VJWFD7XGGBQ/

This was expected by many of us.  Many companies were only going to hold on to employees long enough to get the gubmint money, then start mass layoffs the minute they are eligible to.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

This was expected by many of us.  Many companies were only going to hold on to employees long enough to get the gubmint money, then start mass layoffs the minute they are eligible to.

Oh, this was FOR SURE predictable. Some people were going to be replaced anyway. You can't lay people off now because of optics. But next year will be a gold mine because even if these companies aren't actually struggling they now have a perfect excuse to jettison employees by saying, "Oh the stress from the Rona dun it to us! If we hadn't had that, we'd be able to keep all of you!"

Meanwhile we underwent another gigantic wealth transfer from the government to corporations and shareholders. 

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Covid is seasonal in nature?  Apparently not in North Carolina.

It's easy to think this when you don't understand what you're talking about so you just look at the numbers, see them going up, and ignorantly conclude that definitively means there's no season element involved.

Numerous studies have pinpointed the mid-40s as the optimal temperature for the spread of COVID. That doesn't mean it goes away in the summer, it just spreads much less readily.

With a novel that the population has no natural resistance to, that can still be pretty readily, but relatively speaking it's transmission abilities are greatly reduced. There's a reason why there have been lots of outbreaks associated with meat packing facilities. A place where people are working shoulder to shoulder in a refrigerated indoor environment is pretty much perfect for the spread of this virus.

3 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

It’s unbelievable that only 7 states are requiring masks in public. Going into lockdowns every 2 months is not a sustainable strategy. We should be throwing every thing we have at this to avoid more lockdowns.

I know the research on masks is mixed, but I can’t help but think the reduced social interaction that comes with mask wearing is an unstudied benefit. Every state that requires a mask in public is seeing dropping case numbers.

BTW...50% of all Covid deaths in NC come from nursing homes. 

Im willing to bet a lot of our cases and hospitalizations are originating from construction sites and churches. From what I’m seeing, the smaller churches with older congregations are the primary ones trying to hold physical services. It makes sense since it’s been 3-4 weeks since the state court ruling.

2 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

My overall opinion of humanity was already pretty low but the past few months has just about convinced me we're completely beyond redemption. Morons on the right having pool parties and using not wearing masks and not social distancing as a political statement to "own the libs", whatever the fug that's supposed to mean. Morons on the left ccorrectly proclaiming the virus doesn't care about politics when criticizing aforementioned behavior but damned if that didn't fly straight out the window with all of these recent protests.

TLDR version: People are really fuging stupid and politics dumps gas on the stupidity bonfire.

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

It’s unbelievable that only 7 states are requiring masks in public. Going into lockdowns every 2 months is not a sustainable strategy. We should be throwing every thing we have at this to avoid more lockdowns.

I know the research on masks is mixed, but I can’t help but think the reduced social interaction that comes with mask wearing is an unstudied benefit. Every state that requires a mask in public is seeing dropping case numbers.

BTW...50% of all Covid deaths in NC come from nursing homes. 

Im willing to bet a lot of our cases and hospitalizations are originating from construction sites and churches. From what I’m seeing, the smaller churches with older congregations are the primary ones trying to hold physical services. It makes sense since it’s been 3-4 weeks since the state court ruling.

Why construction sites?

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My overall opinion of humanity was already pretty low but the past few months has just about convinced me we're completely beyond redemption. Morons on the right having pool parties and using not wearing masks and not social distancing as a political statement to "own the libs", whatever the fug that's supposed to mean. Morons on the left ccorrectly proclaiming the virus doesn't care about politics when criticizing aforementioned behavior but damned if that didn't fly straight out the window with all of these recent protests.

TLDR version: People are really fuging stupid and politics dumps gas on the stupidity bonfire.

I believe in 20-80 rule. 80% of wealth owned by top 20% and other 80% owns only 20% of all wealth in US.  US needs big number of sheep so the top can get more wealth. Disclaimer:  I know 1% owns most of the 80% of wealth.

So the top 1% let 80%-90% of US people fight with each other while they getting totally fuged and without realizing.  Politics is an incredible tool to control the weak.  Even I dance to the piper most times knowing I’m getting brainwashed.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Why construction sites?

Those are one type of ‘outbreak spot’ that consistently comes up.

It’s an essential service. Lots of people working closely together, taking it home to their families. More than one site in CLT has been closed down because of it.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Those are one type of ‘outbreak spot’ that consistently comes up.

It’s an essential service. Lots of people working closely together, taking it home to their families. More than one site in CLT has been closed down because of it.

Do you have any links?  I haven't seen any stories about construction sites being traced back as a hot spot. 

6 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Do you have any links?  I haven't seen any stories about construction sites being traced back as a hot spot. 

My dad works construction and within 1 day 65 out or 120 employees got COVID including my dad.  Spread like a wild fire.  And they had a nurse checking everyone temperature as they came to work.  That poo don’t really work.

Edited by Ja Rhule

9 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I googled it and found many stories about it. It sounds like officials are still not releasing hard numbers on how many cases come from these sites, so it’s hard to know what is actually going on. 

Here’s one.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/05/19/county-seeing-covid-19-cases-on-construction-sites.html

• Pie 1