• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

12 minutes ago, Cam's New Arm said:

I think people are still in shock over this. If that 20something million in China is anything then this is way different.
I would assume that would have to be some other thing mixed into this. Like a crackdown on some hacking ring or something lol

20 million missing in china is not surprising and may have nothing to do with coronavirus

2 hours ago, stirs said:

but in waaaaaay less percentages than the seasonal flu, for which we do nothing but provide immunizations. 

Ever notice how long it's been since R2D2 & C3PO have talked about Whooping Cough vaccinations?

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

340 corona cases in Mecklenburg county.  My family knows one of top doctors at Atrium and he told us to hold on to our butts.  April in Charlotte will be bad.  He said to buy food online only.

More like 34,000.  Those are confirmed (hospital or severe symptoms) cases

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

20 million missing in china is not surprising and may have nothing to do with coronavirus

Considering that China put 70 infected people in the same place for quarantine and then dropped the building on them...I wouldn’t put anything past them.

• Pie 1

This is a real serious virus. I seen on the news where a 37 year old died from it which is around my age. Spooky. I wish everyone would be alittle more smart and safe in their decisions with day to day interactions (not saying those who passed wasn’t safe). A lot of people think they are out of the clear because “elderly” and “underlying medical conditions” been thrown around a lot. For one, a lot of people don’t know if they have a condition. Two, there has been people who died that had a clean bill of health. I just say I rather be safe than sorry. Protect yourself and your family. All I can say is do the right thing! 

• Pie 2

I just googled “China missing people” and apparently a lot of journalists and other people who reported news to the west have gone missing.  One journalist reported a short video saying people are chasing him before he vanished.  Looks like China is trying to hide something.

4 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Do you have a source for 34,000 case of COVID-19 in Mecklenberg county?

I may be exaggerating, however, the testing in North Carolina is limited to only a few groups of people right now (elderly, healthcare, and severe symptoms aka hospitalized).  That means 1. not every symptomatic case is tested and 2. There are no doubt a good number of asymptomatic carriers in circulation as well.   

6 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

This is a real serious virus. I seen on the news where a 37 year old died from it which is around my age. Spooky. I wish everyone would be alittle more smart and safe in their decisions with day to day interactions (not saying those who passed wasn’t safe). A lot of people think they are out of the clear because “elderly” and “underlying medical conditions” been thrown around a lot. For one, a lot of people don’t know if they have a condition. Two, there has been people who died that had a clean bill of health. I just say I rather be safe than sorry. Protect yourself and your family. All I can say is do the right thing! 

Exactly.  Had I not had an mri on my shoulder, totally unrelated that led to almost a year of round and round testing I would have never known I have sarcadosis.  That MRI might have saved my life.

3 hours ago, stirs said:

Yep, everyone saw it.

One infant in Illinois, a 15 year old in China and a 17 yr old in CA.

Is everyone technically "at risk"?  Sure, but in waaaaaay less percentages than the seasonal flu, for which we do nothing but provide immunizations.  The older folks are at major risk, and especially underlying conditions.

What we are doing now is akin to standing out side thinking that as long as we watch the weatherman, we won't get wet when the thunderstorm hits our area.  At least that is they way I see it.  Why not get the ones who need to be in shelter inside?  I just like opening up ideas and conversations.  Do you guys never try to think of alternative views for solving problems? Governments and people are sometimes reactionary by nature.

Not much conversation here except just the sensational headline links.  There have been only a couple people who will discuss, but mostly fear based rebuts.  Not that I can't handle rebuttals, but would be nice if it were thought out and discussions spawned.  It is a moving target, changing every single day and I just enjoy NOT waiting on it all the time.

This poo is more contagious than the flu. I’m tired of hearing about that. 

35 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Exactly.  Had I not had an mri on my shoulder, totally unrelated that led to almost a year of round and round testing I would have never known I have sarcadosis.  That MRI might have saved my life.

Wow I’m glad that mri helped you out there. Not too sure what sarcadosis may be but I wish you well in your journey