• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

32 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

like what in the fug is wrong with people like you Tbe. Tens of thousands of various healthcare personnel are risking their lives every single day fighting his mysterious virus that no one knows anything about. Literally ALL of the smartest epidemiologists and virologists are screaming how bad this is going to get if we don't take aggressive shutdown measures. And you're just spreading lies and bullshit for what reason? So you can get back to your meaningless, boring, pitiful little life? So you can sit at a bar with a bunch of other limp dick Trump voters and bitch about Obama?

So you can keep pretending you're the protagonist of your own life story and all of history has led to you? 

The right wing response has generally been driven out of normalcy bias, greed, and white people being told to do something for the first time in their lives. Also the usual right wing mega donors funding protests but that's just baked in to our society at this point. 

I think the fatalism you see from a lot of people is just performative. Most of these protestors are the same "survivalist" fetishists who love to brag about surviving a societal shut down and they made it about 10 days. 

I think the main thing we've learned from all of this is the next time a pandemic strikes, the reaction has to be immediate, it has to be federal, and it has to involve the national guard. 

I think you are a better drunk poster than hungover

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

l Literally ALL of the smartest epidemiologists and virologists are screaming how bad this is going to get if we don't take aggressive shutdown measures

There is also some that say taking aggressive measures is over with, to slowly move back to normalcy. You also know how medicine and science works, it is an experiment. It is why the call it Medical Practice,  we are practicing medicine. Btw, why do you always think is is "Trump Supporters" who are the only ones who are pushing the States to be open? From my personal experience, it is not just "Red States" or "Trump Supporters" who want to re-open. 

Edited by Devil Doc

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

By all means, share them. 

Dr. Fauci is one, for instance. He has stated, that once we return to normalcy, the Virus will not just disappear. He also said, what our 'Normal' was, will not be. That is different than him saying shut the whole country down. It all comes down to how they are wording normal, and how people are interpreting it. This is just like a 9/11, afterwards, America changed, we will just have to change. Should we social distance, sure, wash our hands sure... but not as long as they are predicting. 

8 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Dr. Fauci is one, for instance. He has stated, that once we return to normalcy, the Virus will not just disappear. He also said, what our 'Normal' was, will not be. That is different than him saying shut the whole country down. It all comes down to how they are wording normal, and how people are interpreting it. This is just like a 9/11, afterwards, America changed, we will just have to change. Should we social distance, sure, wash our hands sure... but not as long as they are predicting. 

You know I quoted you, right? Like everyone can see what you claimed originally. 

Even what you're saying, which isn't a direct quote so I'm not going to bother with it, is basically just defeatism and if you're holding that up as policy and not an indictment of our failures then I don't know what to tell you. 

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

like what in the fug is wrong with people like you Tbe. Tens of thousands of various healthcare personnel are risking their lives every single day fighting his mysterious virus that no one knows anything about. Literally ALL of the smartest epidemiologists and virologists are screaming how bad this is going to get if we don't take aggressive shutdown measures. And you're just spreading lies and bullshit for what reason? So you can get back to your meaningless, boring, pitiful little life? So you can sit at a bar with a bunch of other limp dick Trump voters and bitch about Obama?

So you can keep pretending you're the protagonist of your own life story and all of history has led to you? 

The right wing response has generally been driven out of normalcy bias, greed, and white people being told to do something for the first time in their lives. Also the usual right wing mega donors funding protests but that's just baked in to our society at this point. 

I think the fatalism you see from a lot of people is just performative. Most of these protestors are the same "survivalist" fetishists who love to brag about surviving a societal shut down and they made it about 10 days. 

I think the main thing we've learned from all of this is the next time a pandemic strikes, the reaction has to be immediate, it has to be federal, and it has to involve the national guard. 

Buddy, calm down. The thing I read was from one of the big UK papers. They were quoting an official from the WHO.

I know the WHO has been full of poo on some things, but I just thought it was interesting. They said many of these kids were testing negative for Covid. I can’t find the link, but I’ll keep searching.

Also, I haven’t voted for a republican in 20 years.

Just now, electro's horse said:

You know I quoted you, right? Like everyone can see what you claimed originally. 

Even what you're saying, which isn't a direct quote so I'm not going to bother with it, is basically just defeatism and if you're holding that up as policy and not an indictment of our failures then I don't know what to tell you. 

Failures? The World is learning about the Virus. Quit making this Pandemic a political pawn. We know you hate the Administration, it is not a secret. However, many EM Managers and Public Health experts, are not victim blaming, and not policy blaming. They are trying to find the right balance of being safe during a pandemic, and returning to normal. They are not pointing fingers, saying we should lock down the country until fall, to instill Draconian measures, and to bring in the National Guard to make sure people don't leave the house. There is many Doctors and scientist out there, that are not making this a political issue, and that is the way it should be. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Failures? The World is learning about the Virus. Quit making this Pandemic a political pawn. We know you hate the Administration, it is not a secret. However, many EM Managers and Public Health experts, are not victim blaming, and not policy blaming. They are trying to find the right balance of being safe during a pandemic, and returning to normal. They are not pointing fingers, saying we should lock down the country until fall, to instill Draconian measures, and to bring in the National Guard to make sure people don't leave the house. There is many Doctors and scientist out there, that are not making this a political issue, and that is the way it should be. 

Locking down is not a political issue, it is a public health issue.

Still waiting for just one quote from an epidemiologist/virologist saying to move back slowly, like you originally claimed before you cowardly edited to a bunch of pointless nonsense.

Also speaking of the national guard...

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Locking down is not a political issue, it is a public health issue.

Still waiting for just one quote from an epidemiologist/virologist saying to move back slowly, like you originally claimed before you cowardly edited to a bunch of pointless nonsense.

Also speaking of the national guard...

Umm. that is National Guard helping in a humanitarian way. That is not National Guard patrolling the streets, locking down neighborhoods. Why don't you look it up, about moving back slowly yourself. Obviously you can find it. I gave you one example. You have to prove my comment wrong, not me proving it right. I didn't cowardly edit anything, I added a statement. Medical Practice, is just that practice. Science changes with the time when there is more evidence and testing. You should know this in your profession. I cannot remember the names, or where I read about Epidemiologist talking about opening up slowly, and returning to normal. Have you scoured all sources? I usually like to use NCBI, as the main source, sometimes I will use independent sources as well. 

*Edit* Even the CDC is recommending opening up Slowly, that should be enough to quench your thurst on this knowledge you are wanting me to provide. 

Edited by Devil Doc

Locking down is a political issue. When Public Health says to lock down, they are wanting you to do it voluntarily, proper hygiene, and social distance. They are NOT wanting you to shut down the country, leave an unfair system of what is open and not open, and force you shut down. That is the difference.