• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Lol! I never said useless, but please continue...  Dude I have been around the block a time or two and whether you meant to or not, people that are activists for something (which you strongly feel about masks) overplay the word game to heighten the importance of their cause.  Yes, mask wearing slows the spread of the virus, but that is all it does is slows down the transmission rate from person-to-person.  Throw any other descriptive word in there you want, but that's the reality of it.   Stopping, preventing, halting...whatever is overstated.

That's the problem with today's society. Relying on science and actual data is considered "activism". Good grief.

2 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

No it's a dumb conservative tactic. Tell other people what they are saying then argue against it. Anti-intellectualism and bad faith argument.

I'm sorry reality hurts your feelings.  Its gonna be okay, you'll get'em next time tiger.

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

That Wes dude makes a solid post like once a week but I’m starting to think he is just trolling and stirring the pot. Incredibly lame. 

yup

Just now, Wes21 said:

I'm sorry reality hurts your feelings.  Its gonna be okay, you'll get'em next time tiger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/29/coronavirus-live-updates-us/#click=https://t.co/HEfj2CVcBS

Some interesting tidbits in here. Including...

The CEO of a major Houston hospital reports that 60% of their hospitalized COVID patients are under the age of 50.

The former head of the FDA says that half of the US population will likely contract COVID by the end of the year. On the one hand, this is a significant step toward herd immunity. On the other hand, we will see exactly what we hoped to avoid - namely widespread overrunning of our healthcare system leading to higher mortality rate from COVID and the unnecessary deaths of those who won't be able to get healthcare to treat other health ailments. We'll see people dying of treatable strokes, heart attacks, cancers, injuries, etc. 

Let's say the actual mortality rate of COVID is as low as 0.5%. Half of the US getting it would mean over 800k dead. That's basically the population of Charlotte disappearing. Given the decent likelihood of a vaccine as early as next spring this would be a brutal and very preventable massive loss of American lives. That's not even talking about the secondary loss of life from those other previously mentioned issues due to the healthcare system being overrun.

5 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

So what you are saying is that Florida should have completely screwed the pooch right out of the gates like New York, that way the current numbers would be down instead of up?  That's the point you were making?

I mean sure...if that's an easier strawman for you to argue against, we can pretend that.

But I'm sorry...my attention is invested towards preventing the deaths of more American lives going forward.  So go ahead and sit here and thump your chest about absolute numbers and how Florida is doing such a great job cause they have less total deaths while I'll continue to monitor present trends...since those are a tad bit more relevant than citing statistics from months ago.

You are sounding even more nonsensical than the other guy.

• Pie 2