• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Went to the Mall yesterday and fortunately, 90% of the people were wearing a mask.  Hopefully that helps us get the numbers under control a bit.  Even the fools that refuse to wear one have said they will just stay home, so the mask order might accomplish its goal, one way or the other.  

Yeah the message may be starting to click. We still have a ways to go, but when republican governors (e.g. Texas) are begging their citizens to wear a mask and social distance, some people are starting to figure out it's not a matter of politics, but a matter of sheer ignorance.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Listen, we get it. For some of y'all, it won't matter if a million are dead. We'll be hearing about how that's well under 1% of the American population and it's still no big deal and still just a librul hoax to hurt Trump. 

It's interesting how the crowd that accuses the people who actually understand how to interpret data of only being emotionally driven.

A million people dead is good as long as we are trending in the right direction.  Am I doing it right?

15 minutes ago, stirs said:

What if FL does NOT experience the deaths at the rates NYC did?  What if they develop the herd immunity quicker than other states?  A big risk seeing how many retired folks live there.  But if all the bar hopping under 40 crowd gets it and it is truly vanilla, then will FL be better off?  I know it is hard to think outside the box, but give it a try, and remember, Trump won't get the credit. 

What if, the medical and epidemiologists simply now more than then and there are more possible therapies 

ie assisting breathing by placing on stomach, some steroid use, remdasvir (sp) using a different type of oxygenation than a ventilator 

you are making quite a leap on herd mentality when that has not been proven yet with this virus   Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn’t 

2 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

You'll have to first explain how a trend in the right direction would take us from 128,000 deaths to 1 million. 

It would be the trend after the 1 million.  It will go down, and it will be glorious!!!

33 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I have it.  Virtually no symptoms aside from a little nausea and sore throat.  Only reason I decided to get a test was out of an abundance of caution before visiting my mother, which I was wise to do, as I certainly wouldn't want her to be infected. That being said, it is literally the most vanilla illness I've ever had in my life.

Now my own body's response is not indicative of everyone's, but I do know that the overwhelming majority of people who have it or have gotten it share my experience.  I would suggest putting the brakes on the hysteria.  Humans have battled with viruses for millions of years.  We'll beat this one the same way we've beaten all others... by allowing ourselves to develop immunity to it.  Believe it or not, the rapid rise in cases is accompanied by a drastic fall off in number of deaths... That's because the people who NEED to get infected ARE getting infected, which are the young and healthy.

There is a huge misunderstanding in this thread, on redit, on twitter, etc. that there IS a mass hysteria. There is not. Maybe 1% of people are scared and are locking themselves away. This misunderstanding seems to be the rallying cry for people that argue against the seriousness of this pandemic. As I've said many times in this thread, the far vast majority of people that take COVID seriously are doing so TO PROTECT OTHERS. Not themselves. So there is no need for you to downplay the symptoms as almost everyone knows it's not going to send you to the ER. But by wearing our masks (like you smartly did to see your mom), and social distancing, we can hopefully get things back to normal one day. Sadly, people still don't wear masks. And the multitude of cases are rising all over. And that last line ... wow. You want the young to GET INFECTED. These same ones that might not be as smart as you when visiting their own mom. Herd immunity will not work.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Not sure how to link so it looks as nice as others have managed. 

https://twitter.com/karolinskainst/status/1277660017848614912?s=20

New unpublished results from KI and

shows that many with mild or asymptomatic #COVID19 show #tcell immunity to the new #coronavirus, even if they don’t have antibodies. This means #Immunity is probably higher than antibody tests suggest. https://bit.ly/2ZklrR5

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, kass said:

shows that many with mild or asymptomatic #COVID19 show #tcell immunity to the new #coronavirus, even if they don’t have antibodies. This means #Immunity is probably higher than antibody tests suggest. https://bit.ly/2ZklrR5

This is good news. The quickly fading antibodies definitely had me concerned, both from a herd immunity and vaccine standpoint.

8 minutes ago, kass said:

This is crucial for herd immunity.  God I hope this holds up.