• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

18 minutes ago, stirs said:

How many of you guys sell to the state, any state?

Bankruptcy of states scare you?

my dad's largest client is the department of engraving

about a month ago he told me that the national guard was about to be deployed to enforce a national lockdown but was cancelled at the last second. the reason he knew this is because they made him fly up to DC and finalize all the contracts that were due over the next three months like, that night, because they didn't know when they were going to be open again. 

but for whatever reason someone decided against it at the 11th hour. 

his second biggest client prints all the pokemon cards on the east coast lmao

5 hours ago, stirs said:

How many of you guys sell to the state, any state?

Bankruptcy of states scare you?

I work in state government.  It's been bad financially for nearly a year now.  This pandemic is the final nail in the coffin so to speak.  I have a conference call tomorrow with Raleigh management and I'm expecting bad news for my employees and myself.

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I work in state government.  It's been bad financially for nearly a year now.  This pandemic is the final nail in the coffin so to speak.  I have a conference call tomorrow with Raleigh management and I'm expecting bad news for my employees and myself.

Hopefully, it will be more about a plan going forward.

Illinois, CA and others that have been sooooo in debt, and NY with what they are getting hit with, might all see protection

On 4/19/2020 at 9:28 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

I really want to get one of the antibody tests. I've submitted to be part of a clinical trial for it.

I posted awhile back that I think there's a really good chance we've already had this thing and that was before we had preliminary data suggesting that the actual rate of infection very well may be 50x higher than the number of confirmed cases. I traveled a TON in early Q1 and shortly after coming back from a trip to the greater Seattle area in mid-January, I developed a helluva chest cold. Zero head/sinus symptoms. Basically just a drag ass feeling with a low grade fever and a hellish dry cough that lasted forever, like 10 or so weeks forever. The weird thing about it was that it would come in waves. Just as soon as you thought you were getting over it, another wave would hit and you'd be right back to where you started. My wife had the same thing. Our four year old daughter wasn't impacted in the least.

Scheduled for an antibody test next Thursday!

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, stirs said:

Hopefully, it will be more about a plan going forward.

Illinois, CA and others that have been sooooo in debt, and NY with what they are getting hit with, might all see protection

We have been working to mitigate the impact of bad policy decisions that date back nearly 2 years.   We are out of options at this point.  Furloughs and rifts are all they have left to offset the budget crises that was in place before this outback.  As soon as we went into lockdown it was only a matter of time before it went full belly up.   The unemployment numbers are going to skyrocket soon.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The unemployment numbers are going to skyrocket soon.

They're already skyrocketing. This will just keep the trend going.

Sorry you're in this spot. I'm already there. 

What's really frustrating for me is that I had a startup business going and had agreements from five more distributors to bring me on this summer. That would've given me a total of 22 states. None have completely backed out on me as of yet, but timing went from "this summer" to "???".  So, in the meantime I've launched another line that has been picked up by the two biggest online retailers in the game. Initial orders should be within the next 3-4 weeks.

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Scheduled for an antibody test next Thursday!

Awesome!

27 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We have been working to mitigate the impact of bad policy decisions that date back nearly 2 years.   We are out of options at this point.  Furloughs and rifts are all they have left to offset the budget crises that was in place before this outback.  As soon as we went into lockdown it was only a matter of time before it went full belly up.   The unemployment numbers are going to skyrocket soon.

That sucks bro, I'm sorry to hear that.  Keep your head up, and try to make your next move your best move.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're already skyrocketing. This will just keep the trend going.

Sorry you're in this spot. I'm already there. 

What's really frustrating for me is that I had a startup business going and had agreements from five more distributors to bring me on this summer. That would've given me a total of 22 states. None have completely backed out on me as of yet, but timing went from "this summer" to "???".  So, in the meantime I've launched another line that has been picked up by the two biggest online retailers in the game. Initial orders should be within the next 3-4 weeks.

States are struggling all over financially and a lot were before this outbreak.  NC was struggling to pay contactors before this happened, many of which I personally had to cancel contracts with whom I've worked with my entire career.  The full financial impact is yet to be realized even if everyone went back to work tomorrow and the virus was fully gone.  I'm afraid we haven't seen the worst yet.

1 minute ago, Wes21 said:

Awesome!

That sucks bro, I'm sorry to hear that.  Keep your head up, and try to make your next move your best move.

I'm out of moves if I get rifted.  My entire field of work is going belly up.  There's nowhere left to go for me and my fellow engineers, especially at my age.  It's bad for everyone so I'm not whining about.  I worry about my son finding a job when he graduates from college soon.

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm out of moves if I get rifted.  My entire field of work is going belly up.  There's nowhere left to go for me and my fellow engineers, especially at my age.  It's bad for everyone so I'm not whining about.  I worry about my son finding a job when he graduates from college soon.

Nah man, if you're still breathing you ain't out of moves yet.

Just think, Marty Hurney is still cashing paychecks as an NFL GM. There's hope for us all.

• Beer 1

The next dozen years will belong to the folks that have actual hand skills and know how to do useful things like fix a car, farm/grow what ever, and medically help folk.  The day of the internet egghead who only knows how to program internet games and the like,  or talk sports and other non productive nonsense is probably over for the for seeable future.

19 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

The next dozen years will belong to the folks that have actual hand skills and know how to do useful things like fix a car, farm/grow what ever, and medically help folk.  The day of the internet egghead who only knows how to program internet games and the like,  or talk sports and other non productive nonsense is probably over for the for seeable future.

So are you saying electronic tune cars are going away? You are more likely to see more EVs than that happening anytime soon.  I do think you will see more independent farms tho. And the only way technology goes away is the power grid goes away.