• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: NFL Draft Postponed Won't Be Held in Vegas

Mr Mojo Risin

1 minute ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

They just need to go back to the old school draft before it was a big event. They can use Zoom or other web conferencing technology and ESPN and NFL can still dissect the picks 

It is a big off season marketing gimmick--and it gets the ratings.  I am guessing part of the TV package deal? 

Someone suggested a decent idea--imagine if there was a stage in every stadium, and the draft was being broadcast from NY or the host city---you could televise every team's war room, and every draft announcement would have fans from the fan base that actually cares. For example, after the Chargers pick, the camera goes to our war room, until the pick is walked onto the stage in BOA.  or if a trade happens, someone walks out on stage and announces the trade terms to the crowd and on TV. 

The players would accept the hat and meet Goodell at one location, shown after the announcement to the Carolina fans.  Then the pick could go to a room where he is interviewed and it is broadcast in the stadium/jumbo tron.

Tired of getting great ideas all the time.  It is a burden. 

10 hours ago, Danish Panther said:

Wait, might have been to quick here...Just reading that Hong Kong doctors have examined at least 10 cured Covid-19 patients and some of them are still experiencing respiration problems. It is estimated these patients have lost 20-30 percent of their lung capacity. Not good if true - time will tell...

i had bronchitis three years ago, and i still experience respiratory problems.

12 hours ago, Danish Panther said:

Wait, might have been to quick here...Just reading that Hong Kong doctors have examined at least 10 cured Covid-19 patients and some of them are still experiencing respiration problems. It is estimated these patients have lost 20-30 percent of their lung capacity. Not good if true - time will tell...

Did you see what ages they were? Just curious to know if they were older survivors or if they were younger. Potential implications for potential draft prospects but also selfishly for me. 

10 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Someone suggested a decent idea--imagine if there was a stage in every stadium, and the draft was being broadcast from NY or the host city---you could televise every team's war room, and every draft announcement would have fans from the fan base that actually cares. For example, after the Chargers pick, the camera goes to our war room, until the pick is walked onto the stage in BOA.  or if a trade happens, someone walks out on stage and announces the trade terms to the crowd and on TV. 

The players would accept the hat and meet Goodell at one location, shown after the announcement to the Carolina fans.  Then the pick could go to a room where he is interviewed and it is broadcast in the stadium/jumbo tron.

Tired of getting great ideas all the time.  It is a burden. 

That would probably change the draft from a raucous crowd at the central location to a much lower number of fans at almost all of the rest of the locations. The draft isn't typically at a stadium sized venue either, nor would it be likely to draw crowds in April at a lot of the colder climate venues. 

I think the rotating tour approach that the NFL has is actually perfect. Keep that going and let every NFL city host an NFL Draft.

51 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That would probably change the draft from a raucous crowd at the central location to a much lower number of fans at almost all of the rest of the locations. The draft isn't typically at a stadium sized venue either, nor would it be likely to draw crowds in April at a lot of the colder climate venues. 

I think the rotating tour approach that the NFL has is actually perfect. Keep that going and let every NFL city host an NFL Draft.

Just a thought.  I do not think it is perfect now, but it is better than when it was in NYC.  I simply want to see the Carolina fans reaction to the pick--in the host city, you lose that.  They do show some bar or hall with fans for some teams, and they do have cameras in some war rooms--I just would like to see that in all cases--it would be better.  You could still have it at one location, just have cameras covering all teams the same way. 

I get tired of watching Jerry Jones shaking hands as if he just solved world hunger after every Cowboy pick.  Why does the NFL promote the Cowboys?  Have you ever seen the Lions' war room? 

11 hours ago, Real1zOnly said:

You guys better savor this next week of FA. After this it will be a drought for sports news. They talking like this could be a couple of months before they even reconsider any sports resuming.

It makes one realize just how addicted we are to this stuff.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Just a thought.  I do not think it is perfect now, but it is better than when it was in NYC.  I simply want to see the Carolina fans reaction to the pick--in the host city, you lose that.  They do show some bar or hall with fans for some teams, and they do have cameras in some war rooms--I just would like to see that in all cases--it would be better.  You could still have it at one location, just have cameras covering all teams the same way. 

I get tired of watching Jerry Jones shaking hands as if he just solved world hunger after every Cowboy pick.  Why does the NFL promote the Cowboys?  Have you ever seen the Lions' war room? 

I mean if you want to see Carolina fans react, just log on to the Huddle and watch the 600 reactionary threads that get blasted.

Archived