• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton's Legacy with the Panthers

PantherBoy95

Our one and only MVP and just an incredible player for his first 5-6 years. Unfortunately, injuries cut his time short, but I will always cherish the time he was here. Now, its time to move in another direction. Hopefully the coaching staff and management can get things on track in the next few years. 

Honestly too sad today to contemplate that... Even though I knew this was the likely outcome, this still stings every bit as bad as when they let Steve Smith go.

Only time will tell if it was the right move.  After Steve Smith, I vowed to never love a player more than the team, but this is tough...

Cam's primal scream after the 2015 NFC Championship and the chants of MVP, MVP, were the pinnacle of my Panthers fandom to this point.

I honestly just can't accept it's over just yet.

This is as gutted as I've ever felt as a Panthers fan, and I have been since the inception.

I was more upset after Super Bowl 50, but the thought of never seeing Cam in a #1 Panthers jersey again probably makes me the saddest.

I remember seeing him at his first training camp in Spartanburg.   I remember his front-flip against the Texans, his otherwordly toughness after getting hit, the balls he gave away to kids, the service he did for the community, and his pure joy playing the game.

My boys had just started getting into the Panthers this season.  I never would have imagined when the season started they would never again see Cam & Luke ascend back to the playoffs with the Panthers.

With this and everything going on with coronavirus, this all feels like an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Thank you Cam for the memories, and the best of luck with your next chapter.  Nothing but eternal love from Carolina.

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

Honestly too sad today to contemplate that... Even though I knew this was the likely outcome, this still stings every bit as bad as when they let Steve Smith go.

Thank you Cam for the memories, and the best of luck with your next chapter.  Nothing but eternal love from Carolina.

For you to be too sad to contemplate it you sure wrote a beautiful piece answering just that! haha.

Toast to you my man.

My favorite player first and foremost. I’ve been a panthers fan since I was a kid; they’re the only team I know. When we drafted Cam, I remember telling my boy that never in a million years did I think one of my teams would get a once in a generation type player. It happened, and I enjoyed the ride. 

Cam is the greatest QB this franchise has ever had. One of the greatest to ever don the black and blue, and the most iconic. 2015 will forever be the funniest time in sports for me, and that includes my playing years. Not only is he one of the greatest to ever play for the panthers, he’s also one of the finest human beings to reside in the Carolinas. I’ll miss him. I’m stuck being a panthers fan due to my home and civic pride, but I will be watching him from afar. Rooting for him to succeed and be known as one of the all time greats. He’s not done.

No single play encapsulates what Cam did for this team more than this one IMO. Our offense pretty much WAS Cam Newton from the moment he was drafted. Virtually every season he was healthy, not only was he our QB driving our passing game, but he also led the team in rushing yardage and/or rushing TDs.

This was Cam Newton literally carrying our offense on his back while everything else broke down around him.

Archived