• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Draft Possibilities

Jared Patterson

10 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Just one thing, this draft is a chance to stockpile a high quality offensive lineman.  Hopefully in the 1st or the 2nd.

We still haven’t figured out the OL situation and the kind of talent on offer will not go to waste.

I am going to lose my mind when we dont pick an olineman in this draft.  If I had my druthers I would invest our top 2 picks on the offensive line.  At some point an adult has to step in and say enough is enough and we have to protect the qb.  Nothing else matters if the qb is not having time to throw or is running for his life.  Build the time line and go from there. 

Based off the FA moves thus far, I don't see more than one OL being drafted.   I had been trying to mock a C/G prospect and a tackle.  Maybe just a tackle now.  I still think we take a safety, but now with Burris and Boston, the urgency to go day one or two isn't there.  Signed a WR3, so no urgency to there either.

The huge holes are now at corner and DT.  They were before as well, but Hurney apparently went after some of the easier fixes first.

Bout the best one I've been able to come up with on draft network...

Carolina Panthers

Isaiah Simmons

LB, Clemson

Carolina Panthers

Ross Blacklock

IDL, TCU

Carolina Panthers

Brandon Aiyuk

WR, Arizona State

Carolina Panthers

Solomon Kindley

IOL, Georgia

Carolina Panthers

Harrison Hand

CB, Temple

Carolina Panthers

Colby Parkinson

TE, Stanford

Carolina Panthers

Jon Runyan

OT, Michigan

If we go CB in round 1, I think we have to go DT in round 2.  This will largely be a defensive draft.
7: R1P7
CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
OHIO STATE
38: R2P6
DL NEVILLE GALLIMORE
OKLAHOMA
69: R3P5
DL LEKI FOTU
UTAH
113: R4P7
JEREMY CHINN
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS