• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats/Chargers Have Requested Medical Records

App Panther

I thank Cam for his time playing for the Panthers, but all this “go get a ring/I hope he gets a ring somewhere else” is ludicrous. Newsflash: if Cam gets a ring somewhere else, that automatically means the Panthers don’t get that particular ring. Rebuild/reboot or not, I will never pull for another team to win a ring unless and until the Panthers are absolutely and positively eliminated for that specific year. 

IMO, LAC would be a prime spot for Cam. As has been mentioned, they are moving into a new stadium and trying to establish a fanbase in a city that probably really doesn’t want them against a team that has a history in said city. However, if Cam is recovered and has years left, he could be the bridge for LAC. If he is any semblance of 2011-2014 Cam, he brings massive talent and excitement to a team desperately needing it. That is moreso if can actually return to his 2015 form. That would bring far more hype/fans than a rookie who will take at least two years to “get it” in the NFL.  

11 hours ago, chknwing said:

Cam + swap of Chargers 2nd for Carolina 3rd.  I think thats resonable

I would do that IF LAC agreed to flip flop the first rounders--we get #6 and they get #7.  Their need to get Herbert is gone and the non QB player they would draft would still be there, at a slightly lower salary.  The 6th pick has more trade value, so we could trade back and add a second rounder.  When the dust settles, we could have a 1, 2, 2, 2, 4....

11 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

Cam would not like playing for Belichick, at all.  Bill is not going to let Cam be Cam.

Been wondering that myself. But, you know Belichick wants to win a ring without Brady, and doing it with a QB as much unlike Brady as possible probably appeals to him.

I can see the Pats trading for him so that they have Cam for a year at 20 mil and can decide what to do with him in 2021. They also have 3 third round picks this year. Give the Panthers a 3rd this year and then another pick in 2021 that's, say,  a 4th right now, but can become a higher pick the better Cam does.

Edit: also be fascinating to see what happens when the Cam-is-a running-QB-and-can-be-hit-at-any-time rule meets the Patriot-Qb-must-not-be-touched rule

The right thing to do with Cam is cut him. Try to trade now...but dont wait too long where he cant find a potential starting job. 

If they wait till after the draft and teams have filled their QB slots then it would be an all time crap move to the guy. 

If the info in the other thread is correct, Cam was offered a 2-year extension.

I'm sure that contract had all kinds of health related clauses and such but it was an extension none-the-less.

This signals that within the Panthers organization there was an expectation that Cam was on a clear path to being medically cleared 100% and being ready to play again.

This is good news.  (I was already there :shades:)

1 minute ago, RASTAN66 said:

If the info in the other thread is correct, Cam was offered a 2-year extension.

I'm sure that contract had all kinds of health related clauses and such but it was an extension none-the-less.

This signals that within the Panthers organization there was an expectation that Cam was on a clear path to being medically cleared 100% and being ready to play again.

This is good news.  (I was already there :shades:)

It wasn't true.  It seems that it boils down to not getting an extension.  That's been the beef all along.  Cam wants one but the team does not want to give him one.  The team decided to go in a different direction all together.  End of story.

Archived