• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to trade CMC?

AU-panther

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but you have to ask, should we consider trading McCaffrey?

His value will never be higher than it its right now.  He has one year left on a rookie deal (which is very appealing in a trade) and he is coming off of an amazing season that he might never repeat.  

What kind of contract is he going to expect?  $15m?  $17m?  Do we want to pay that much for a RB?

What if our new offensive system actually throws to the WRs more?  Does he lose some of his value then?  Don't get me wrong, I think he is a heck of player but his usage rate is pretty high.

What if he packed with Cam in a trade?  I could see some owner being in a "win now" mode liking the idea.  What would Washington or San Diego give for both of them?  San Diego has made some nice moves on the defensive side of the ball.   You would think adding both Cam and CMC to their offense would definitely help , not to mention the buzz that would surround the team.

You can pay premium for the supporting cast if you have a QB on a rookie deal. 

CMC is still technically under contract for another two years, new CBA makes it VERY hard to hold out. 

We suck this year, we get a QB high in the draft and we can allocate what would otherwise be a QB salary to supporting players at WR , OLine and RB.

It's what the Chiefs did with Mahomes and eagles did with Wentz. We can do it too.

Next year though. 

I don’t even know anymore, if we had done this properly than yeah maybe trading him to a contender would have been smart, but since we’ve sunk all our comp picks and are stuck with bridgewater for at least the next two seasons idk if we are tanking or just trying to suck enough to be out of the running for a top qb.

I wouldn't trade him at this point unless we are talking a legit haul. To not even listen to offers would be foolish.

These CMC superfans don't actually think we brought in Joe Brady just to run the same square peg in a round hole approach by forcing our entire offense through CMC again, do they? That's how we ended up on an 8 game skid last I checked.

Archived