• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

In regards to having a place out in the sticks to go to in times like these, Gunnison county just put up a Not Welcome sign to anyone who doesnt live there full time.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/gunnison-county-colorado-no-visitors-covid-19-pandemic/73-2ee6a505-a2bf-4623-9e3c-38168c690e8d

The Public Health Director found that non-residents, visitors and non-resident homeowners from lower altitudes are at a greater risk for complications from COVID-19 infection than residents, who are acclimatized to the high altitude environment of Gunnison County, according to the order.

Click/tap here to read the full order.

The county's top public health official also said in the order that that non-residents, regardless of whether they own a residence in Gunnison County, are imposing unnecessary burdens on health care, public services, first responders, food supplies and other essential services. 

Visitors cannot stay unless granted an exemption or waiver by the Public Health Director. Those who violate this or any other portion of the public health order could face a fine of up to $5,000 and up to 18 months in jail.

5 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

In regards to having a place out in the sticks to go to in times like these, Gunnison county just put up a Not Welcome sign to anyone who doesnt live there full time.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/gunnison-county-colorado-no-visitors-covid-19-pandemic/73-2ee6a505-a2bf-4623-9e3c-38168c690e8d

Ironically, Gunnison County has one of the highest if not the highest rates of infection in the state.

3 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

I have already decided that a long term plan of mine is to get my hands on as much land as I can afford in a secluded area.  Not for some wild apocalypse but would be nice to say hey I'm head out to the property to do well, wtf ever I want.

Dig a hole.  Cut some single track mx trails,  clear out a camp site....what ever.  I hope I can make that happen one day.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I could literally walk from my house to Sante Fe, NM to the south, damn near the Four Corners to the west, and I-80 in WY to the north without ever stepping foot off of national forest land.

Some of the best riding in the country is out your way.  We have plans to make the trip and spend a week or so out there soaking it up.

Just saw this, and apologies if it's been posted before, but I figured folks could use a little laugh in these crazy times to help keep spirits up:

Of course, there's one guy it might not work on, of course... but eh, he'll get over it :)

4 hours ago, bull123 said:

we can still play golf, which is great...courses are packed, but everyone seems to be practicing distancing guidelines

remember...golf is a game of rules, and golfers follow them

Honestly, by and large with a few changes and precautions, golf can be a fairly safe activity during these times. Green fees paid online or over the phone. Disinfect the poo out of the carts and only one golfer per cart (or honestly even better make it walking only). Use some type of cup insert instead of having golfers hole out. Flags stay in. Pull all the water stations and drain the ball washers.

26 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Why not Medicare FOR ALL?

I would be all for that.   I just don't think it will pass at this time.  Trump would not sign it.  He will not open up the enrollment for the affordable healthcare act any  earlier than scheduled.  Sometimes you have to take things one step at a time....move in the right direction.

26 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I would be all for that.   I just don't think it will pass at this time.  Trump would not sign it.  He will not open up the enrollment for the affordable healthcare act any  earlier than scheduled.  Sometimes you have to take things one step at a time....move in the right direction.

This is what a lot of people don't understand and why I didn't support Bernie. When you take an all or nothing my way or the highway approach, you usually end up with nothing on the highway.

Archived