• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Next "Core" Contracts

kungfoodude

Taylor Moton- Definitely sign Moton   We can’t afford to keep playing the Tackle lottery and losing   

Curtis Samuel-  I had really high hopes for him after drafting him.  He has taken a bit longer but was hurt by our QBs last year.  Hoping TB can get him the ball in stride this year.  Still not sure I would extend him though.  Let him break out and reap the rewards of a comp pick.  Look

DJ Moore-  Hoping his 3rd year will be his huge breakout year like it was with Smitty.  He should benefit from Anderson opening up some lanes for him.  Let this year be the test to what his worth is going to be       . Definitely looking to resign him   Not sure what his value would be until after this year.

Donte Jackson- DJax is the wild card in this one.  I am interested to see what Rhule can do with him.  He has the talent but seems not to take ownership of things.  With Rhule being huge on accountability I predict he will either be able to be motivated and coached and turn out great or be a complete whiny disaster that no one will want to resign. 

57 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Wh... why would we trade Moore?

I’m not saying that we should trade him. I’m saying if we don’t plan on extending him, trade him. Don’t let him walk. There was a stupid rumor not long ago saying Moore could be headed to Philly. Then it was Samuel. Idk

3 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Let “No Action” Jackson walk or trade. DJ is a must. If you can make it work with Curtco and Moton then great, if not that’s OK too. 

I think we will see a new Jackson this year--a better coaching staff, an offseason of soul searching--he has the talent.

40 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think we will see a new Jackson this year--a better coaching staff, an offseason of soul searching--he has the talent.

Talent for days but he has to be coachable. Haven’t seen the maturity needed to take his game to the next level yet. Hope this is his year but not going to hold my breath. 

I really, really hope that we can find a way to retain Moton and Samuel. I think that Curtis will do very well in the team's new offense with a QB that isn't utter garbage like Kyle Allen missing on almost every deep ball.

20 hours ago, MMA said:

You have to lock Moton up long term. We’d be friggn stupid not to. He’s been our best OL the last two seasons. Moore is next on the list too unless we can trade him for a 1st or 2nd. But Moore was a guy that Rhule liked out of high school and tried recruiting him. I expect Moore to stay here for a long time. Samuel won’t be here much longer unless Brady and Rhule are able to be creative with him. I had Samuel as a running back coming out of OSU.  I don’t care much for Jackson. Was a big fan of his coming out of LSU, but he’s not much of a guy who wants to learn. Thinks he know it all and depends on his athletic ability way too often. 

Moore’s value is a first minimum, I wouldn’t trade him for anything less then a first and a second rn. 

Archived