• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nerdstalgia

Dex

3 hours ago, Bronn said:

Bruh. My buddy and I were buying Impel Marvel series one packs trying to get holograms. I still have a full set somewhere that I pieced together from packs.

I think that Skybox set was the last set I bought a ton of. You can get them by the case still from ebay relatively cheap, and I've been debating buying a box or two for my kids.

I loved completing a full page of them in the binder. Pulling a foil was cool too.

I know I collected these and there were a couple of others as well. The 1994 Fleers spring to mind, Marvel Masterpieces were I think one of them I dug and there was perhaps a Spider-Man set as well. It was a huge racket but those cards were so cool to look at and I loved reading about all of the different characters.

There are a couple of binders somewhere down in my basement. The nerdstalgia urge to find them and take a look is now very strong.

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

I know I collected these and there were a couple of others as well. The 1994 Fleers spring to mind, Marvel Masterpieces were I think one of them I dug and there was perhaps a Spider-Man set as well. It was a huge racket but those cards were so cool to look at and I loved reading about all of the different characters.

There are a couple of binders somewhere down in my basement. The nerdstalgia urge to find them and take a look is now very strong.

I think I collected a lot of Impel series 1 and 2, a bit of Impel/Skybox series 3, and a lot of Skybox series 4.

https://arena.willparedes.com/marvelcards/

The Marvel Masterpieces were pretty sick cards, but they were always too rich for my pockets lol.

IIRC it was the cards that got me into comics in the first place.

I even bought a bunch of the first DC series that came out. You can get a sealed box of those for pretty dirt cheap now.

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2020 at 7:44 AM, Khyber53 said:

TRS-80 and Osborne 64 here for me.

To think that I was nearly 30 when the Trash 80 came out....

image.jpeg.2644da4dd0f92e74adb8702b1924dc10.jpeg

But this is the Univac 1218 the Navy trained me how to repair years before the TRS-80:

First-Hand:Legacy of NTDS - Chapter 9 of the Story of the Naval ...

And this bad boy was about 6' tall and 2' wide and could easily be outperformed by a Texas Instruments TI-85 calculator today. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

I played the poo out of this on an Apple II. A friend of mine told me about a cheat code to get 1 billion experience points at first level. good times.

And the hidden invisible level that allowed you to find the elevator!

And Tiltowaitt! the nuke'em from orbit spell!

Archived