• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your all-time favorite panthers rumor/conspiracy theory

PhillyB

8 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

That Jake Delhomme was married to Richardson's daughter, is why he got so many chances. This was easily disproven with 5 seconds of research, but I can't tell you how many people believed it

lol I remember that too.  It could be instantly debunked with a Google search but a ton of people believed it anyway.

18 hours ago, PhillyB said:

i guess it can be put on the mains now that everyone involved is gone but there were corroborated accounts in all-pro that scotch-drunk gettleman told someone steve smith got cut largely because he threw a punch at cam newton in a lockerroom argument late in the prior season

Back when All Pro had dark themes and good times. Le sigh

1 hour ago, philit99 said:

Yep it was Marcus. He was also Black balled for using a bat during the teams entrance. I can’t remember if that was a different issue or the same issue that involved Thomas Davis and Olsen.

The bat was a DB hype tool. He had it in his hand before the Odell/JNo game.

9 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Marcus Ball.

Timing doesn’t add up. Keith Scott was murdered a week before Ball was cut. By the time the 2017 draft started (still before Gettleman was fired) he’d been on two more teams. Maybe Phil’s source was referring to the baseball bat thing, which makes more sense. 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Timing doesn’t add up. Keith Scott was murdered a week before Ball was cut. By the time the 2017 draft started (still before Gettleman was fired) he’d been on two more teams. 

I could be wrong. I just remember Boston, Peppers, and Ball being the main ones talked about as far as protesting.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

I could be wrong. I just remember Boston, Peppers, and Ball being the main ones talked about as far as protesting.

It could’ve been Ball, but I’m just saying Gettleman wasn’t fired for keeping him on the roster in 2017, because he wasn’t on the roster in 2017.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Timing doesn’t add up. Keith Scott was murdered a week before Ball was cut. By the time the 2017 draft started (still before Gettleman was fired) he’d been on two more teams. Maybe Phil’s source was referring to the baseball bat thing, which makes more sense. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/07/marcus-ball-carolina-panthers-jerry-richardson-anthem-gesture

Excerpt below. iirc that roster in 2017 bit might not have been entirely accurate. It's been so long since we first talked about in All Pro and went all internet sleuths.

I walked into the facility, walked upstairs and, as I expected, I was told I was being released and my contract was being terminated. I questioned the motives immediately. I had put in a lot of work for the organization, and now I was being abruptly released? “Why? What did I do?” I asked. I didn’t get much of an answer.

I then had to ask: “Am I getting released by Big Cat?” I asked, referring to our owner, Jerry Richardson.

“Oh, no, no, no,” I was told.

I had my doubts. I know Richardson didn’t want players following Colin Kaepernick’s lead and protesting. I knew he didn’t want players wearing dreadlocks, which I did. Same for sporting tattoos. But what could I do? I was a practice squad player. On my level, you don’t challenge the Boss Man.

I was re-signed to the Panthers’ practice squad, perhaps to cover up the fact that I was released only three days after finally being activated. I went on to finish out the season with the San Francisco 49ers. I spent this past 2017 season in the Canadian Football League, playing for the Toronto Argonauts and have anchored two Grey Cup Championships in three of my four total seasons.

Archived