• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?

CanadianCat

Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Kaepernick or Newton: Who gets a job first?

• Kaepernick
    • Newton

If Kaep would except a vet min deal he probably would have been signed 2 years ago.   Any guy who hasn't played in 4 years should not get a 10 million contract.  I don't know that Cam will take a job where going in he is the backup.  But at lest you know what Cam can do when healthy.  It's just is and for how long will Cam be healthy.

27 minutes ago, CatTower said:

There's something else to consider with Kaepernick that I just thought about.  Would he get the MJ baseball treatment?  He obviously has a lot of people that agree with his political stance and I could see the players giving him information about the defense to make him appear better than he actually is.  If you consider this scenario, he could actually be a decent starter and might make it worth for a team to make him a starter.   Would it really be a bad investment for a team to pay him 15-20 mil for a 1 year deal?  I'd like to see it happen.

Oh shut up :eyeroll:

2 hours ago, CatTower said:

Mainstream media brainwashing people to think a guy who hasn't played since 2016 and was a borderline starting caliber QB is going to come back and start somewhere.  If the NFL wants to go far left and put politics above the product on the field, I could see it happening but this is just a cute story and nothing more.  At least the media got a few more million clicks.

Right. Kaeperdick is not a very good QB 

30 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Distraction to fans maybe.

Media more so than fans and the fans pay the bills.

Kap hasn’t been nearly good enough to be worth the distraction the past 3 years. That, combined with him allegedly wanting $20M, is why he hasn’t been signed. That could change now with seemingly more support for his movement around the country and now the potential for it to actually be perceived as a good PR move, but I still think it’s unlikely. He hasn’t played in 3 years and he sucked then. He would definitely need to accept vet min and that won’t mesh with his massive ego. And the distraction potential is still there for sure, if he was actually a talented starter then it would be worth it, but he isn’t. 

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Media more so than fans and the fans pay the bills.

Kap hasn’t been nearly good enough to be worth the distraction the past 3 years. That, combined with him allegedly wanting $20M, is why he hasn’t been signed. That could change now with seemingly more support for his movement around the country and now the potential for it to actually be perceived as a good PR move, but I still think it’s unlikely. He hasn’t played in 3 years and he sucked then. He would definitely need to accept vet min and that won’t mesh with his massive ego. And the distraction potential is still there for sure, if he was actually a talented starter then it would be worth it, but he isn’t. 

16 td 4 int 90.9 qb rating in his last season in the NFL. If Kyle Allen put those numbers, he’d be considered a hall of famer by some posters here.

22 minutes ago, Car123 said:

16 td 4 int 90.9 qb rating in his last season in the NFL. If Kyle Allen put those numbers, he’d be considered a hall of famer by some posters here.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/04/49ers-lose-11th-straight-colin-kaepernick-benched-amid-chicago-snowstorm/ 

"

Colin Kaepernick benched after passing for four yards through three quarters

"

Whatever you say bud

Archived