• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule considering kneeling during anthem.

kungfoodude

48 minutes ago, t96 said:

My point wasn’t about Del Rio. It’s a much more general point that some specific instances such as Del Rio may not fall under. The Brees situation is a much better example.

I mean, Brees made insensitive comments at a time of great national pain.  Of course he is going to take flack for it.  But he also had an opinion that the people kneeling have continually said is not the case.  The people kneeling have continually shown that their kneeling is not done to disrespect the flag, and a military vet is the one that suggested it because kneeling is used in somber times.  

10 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

As long as the kneelers finally admit it is about the flag, the anthem, and the country... then I’m ok with it.  At least go all-in with the Marxist lunacy.

It was not, is not, and has not been about the flag.   At no point was it about the flag.  In fact, kneeling was suggested precisely because it is a gesture of respect that has been given throughout history, but also an act that will call attention to the terrible injustice faced by many Black Americans.

Kneeling before/during something is NOT an act of disrespect.  

9f9c40fd9d893ee78e1b0253f65e8678.jpg

wowowow hope that knight's contract isn't coming up soon good luck getting a job, look at that disrespect (to Jesus?)

734EDBE2-31ED-45AC-97EC-96F69BF35C47.jpe

here is the queen of england taking off the head of someone crazy enough to disrespect her by kneeling

Belgium.jpg

look at this absolutely DISGUSTING display of disregard for His Holiness.

12 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

Looking down the road post CV19 it's certainly a possibility under Tepper's leadership....if what you describe does happen the next question is where will Tepper be moving the team to?

SO you are saying that there are not enough complex thinkers and BLM supporters to fill a stadium?  Is that your point?

IF so, if you are supporting a climate/culture where people in the midst of social injustice are forced to stand for the flag, then my guess would be Moscow or North Korea, to answer your question. 

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

SO you are saying that there are not enough complex thinkers and BLM supporters to fill a stadium?  Is that your point?

IF so, if you are supporting a climate/culture where people in the midst of social injustice are forced to stand for the flag, then my guess would be Moscow or North Korea, to answer your question. 

My interpretation was that the Carolinas are too conservative for that.

1 hour ago, Yaboychris28 said:

This site has become so dang liberal. Impossible to have any conservative viewpoint in any thread without getting ridiculed and called a racist 

Time to reflect?  The opposite of liberal has become racist because of comments like this.  The irony is, most racists do not think they are because they are so focused on their own rights, they dismiss the rights of others.  They lack empathy because they are shrouded in fear and hate.  While the desperate preservation of what you want interferes with the rights of others, you feel threatened by their requests to be treated with respect and dignity. 
If that is not racism, it is elitism. 

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

My interpretation was that the Carolinas are too conservative for that.

I am not sure that they are not outgrowing the conservatism.  I honesty think there are signs that the mindset is shifting to a more moderate, open-minded approach.  Alt rightism had its moment, and it is coming to a close.  I do not see how any movement could have done more to tear this nation apart in less that 4 years than what just happened/is happening. 

And I was a republican until I realized that the republican party just abandoned its values and was punked by someone I think is a 2 bit con man.

And instead of making people stand for a symbol, it is time to make that symbol give all Americans a reason to stand.  Instead of getting upset because people whose repression you are in no position to judge want to express decades of frustration in silent protest, lets build a nation that supports more than white people.   When the government behind the flag lives up to the symbol the flag is supposed to represent, everyone will stand for it.   Instead of making people stand for the flag, make the government stand for the people.   Why is this hard?

19 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Matt Rhule kneels along with his players this season during our national anthem, I'm done.......... with men!

writing checks you know you can't cash my man

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I am not sure that they are not outgrowing the conservatism.  I honesty think there are signs that the mindset is shifting to a more moderate, open-minded approach.  Alt rightism had its moment, and it is coming to a close.  I do not see how any movement could have done more to tear this nation apart in less that 4 years than what just happened/is happening. 

And I was a republican until I realized that the republican party just abandoned its values and was punked by someone I think is a 2 bit con man.

Trump has literally thousands of more important things he should be worrying about than people peacefully protesting racism. Lots of repubs leaving the party. I’ll never vote for one EVER again. 

48 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Trump has literally thousands of more important things he should be worrying about than people peacefully protesting racism. Lots of repubs leaving the party. I’ll never vote for one EVER again. 

Political partys are dumb and unnecessary.  It allows ignorant people on both sides just to blindly support a party. Much harder to support candidates vs just blindly following party lines. I'm all for the abolishment of the 2 party system and make everyone run on their own merits.

Archived