• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF roster rankings

AU-panther

23 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Miami had the same number of wins as us last year and they were trying to tank.  Wouldn't surprise me if they won a few more this year.

I think RR will have the Redskins playing smart, and good solid defense.  That always gives you the chance to win some games during the regular season.

Really so much of who is in the bottom 5 will be determined  by QB play or really lack of.

Miami also had a crazy easy schedule. They beat a 1-14 Cincy. They beat the Jets early when they were 1-6. They beat Indy after Brissett got hurt. Indy finished 2-7 in that stretch beating us handily and Jacksonville. They also won their last 2 against an up and down Philly team and a NE team that was clearly struggling a bit before their 1st round playoff exit.

Miami had 3 really easy wins against truly bad and struggling teams and then finished with a pair of 3 point wins after losing to the Jets and Giants the two weeks prior.

We aren’t in the AFC East and we don’t play 2019 Cincy. With Grier, we easily could have gotten pick 1 or 2. Miami got really unlucky and they still got pick 5.

I’m still optimistic we could suck, but if we went for all comp picks and saving cap (can’t believe we’ll spend $27M more on Short) we’d all but be guaranteed to choose from 2 or 3 of Fields, Lawrence and Lance. We don’t have the 2019 Miami schedule and luck. 

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that front office was trying to tank but as I have said before, it is difficult to get a full team and coaching staff to commit to losing. All these professionals have pride and they are competitive. You can't go out there and preach a losing attitude. It just doesn't work.

You have to get to a losing attitude naturally, by complacency and ineptitude. You know...like the 2019 Panthers!

You don't need the team and coaching staff to commit to losing, just don't sign TB and Anderson.

That saves draft picks, saves cap, and increases your chances of a top -3 pick.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, AU-panther said:

Here again, its not a projected win/loss ranking.  QB play and coaching heavily influences that.  

If you took the time to actually look at their roster you would see that they have as many "good" players as a lot of teams in the league.

OBJ, Landry, Garrett, Vernon, and Conklin just to name a few.

Agreed, that's one of the reasons that I an not a fan of PFF, they look at individual players in lieu of total play. For example, the browns have had a lot of really good players over the last few seasons, and done nothing with them. 

Not related to your post, but...THE BUCS AT 5!?!? They really like Brady and Gronk! Not saying that trading Winston for Brady was a great move, and that they do instantly get a lot better, BUT 5??

16 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Agreed, that's one of the reasons that I an not a fan of PFF, they look at individual players in lieu of total play. For example, the browns have had a lot of really good players over the last few seasons, and done nothing with them. 

Not related to your post, but...THE BUCS AT 5!?!? They really like Brady and Gronk! Not saying that trading Winston for Brady was a great move, and that they do instantly get a lot better, BUT 5??

I don't know about #5, but the Bucs would've been a very competitive team last year if Jameis didn't throw 30 INTs.

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

PFF doesn't claim this list is some sort of power ranking or expecting W/L.  The problem isn't with PFF its that people don't understand what they are looking at..

The list is nothing but a snapshot of the talent on a team by each position.  PFF is quick to point out that certain positions are more valuable than others, hence the reason they talk about WAR ratings a lot.  Also everyone knows that coaching and chemistry can heavily influence wins and losses.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, AU-panther said:

Here again, its not a projected win/loss ranking.  QB play and coaching heavily influences that.  

If you took the time to actually look at their roster you would see that they have as many "good" players as a lot of teams in the league.

OBJ, Landry, Garrett, Vernon, and Conklin just to name a few.

Is their qb situation any better than ours?

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

The problem isn't with PFF its that people don't understand what they are looking at..

I wholeheartedly admit that this is the #2 reason I am not a fan of PFF, I am not smart enough to understand a lot of what they talk about. I am not necessarily knocking them, I just have t take everything they say with a grain of salt. This was actually a nice offseason read.

Whole roster for roster, Id still trade Carolinas for Jax and/or Miami. Did people already forget the recent draft? Miami had a few early picks and Jax had a great haul along with two first and a early 2nd. Washington it depends on how you view Haskins, if you are a believer they have the better team. Other than the DLine washingtons roster is down right terrible, but that maybe the best DL in the NFL(plus they are young).  

I feel sorry for Rhule and all his Baylor Bros. 

9 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Is their qb situation any better than ours?

Hard to say.  I'm not sold on Baker, but I'm not sold on Teddy either.

With Baker he is going into his 3rd season so there is reasonable expectation that he might improve.

Teddy on the other hand has been in the league long enough that usually you have a pretty good idea of what you have.  I think the everyone's optimism with Teddy is that this system will fit him perfectly, we will see.

Archived