• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton "Nobody Called Me....They Sent a Text"

PantherBoy95

3 hours ago, raz said:

yeah, cam pissed off tepper.  making negotiations public with the commitment video, making videos about lying to the coach and trainers...

he pissed tepper off acting unprofessionally.  he got broken up with in a text because of it .  he already knew he was being released.  bus cook told him.   

if you don't own your own business go piss on paycheck's shoes and see what happens.  

and so what?  cam is in a better situation now anyway with a real chance to maximize his talents even if he did get drug on $

So, you admit Cam was “drug on”, though?

Making negotiations public has been a tactic used by quite a few players in the past, yet they still received more respect than Cam has. So, is the new precedent to release any and all players who make it known they’d like a new contract, or that they’d like the team to keep them in the loop of what their plans are?

Its quite clear that you don’t like Cam, and haven’t liked him for a long time. That still doesn’t make it right to disrespect a player that his given their all towards said organization. And cut the crap about “lying to the organization”. Most players are going to want to get out on the field, and will tell their coaches they’re good to go. You’d appreciate that from other players, but because you don’t like Cam, you’re going to hold that against him. So disingenuous and fake on your behalf. Only on here do I find fans using a player wanting to play through injury a bad thing. It’s a bad thing, because you don’t like Cam

3 hours ago, CatTower said:

Cam is an actor, he isn't real.  Anything he says is intended to put him in the best light.  I just wonder what story he'll make up when the Patriots thing goes south and he can't find a starting job anywhere. 

Do note, that Cam is one of the many athletes who think in this mindset.  It's difficult for them to accept that they've lost a step after being praised their entire lives.  Cam says he's tired of being humble.  Maybe he doesn't know what humble is.

Who are these other athletes that have this mindset? Which other athletes aren’t real? I’d love to know this 

8 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Wasn’t even man enough to have a face to face. They sent a text.

Clown a** ownership/front office, and the franchise is looking clownish.

ECU did the samething to Coach Ruffin not long ago.

Classless moves tend to comeback and bite. 

If they were going to cut him, they should have done it in person. Cam is at least owed respect for sacrificing his body to a franchise that wasted his time. 

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

Point is, probably best to say we don’t know and let the plan play out and have evidence before actually claiming it isn’t working out instead of flaming with emotions because you’re creepily too attached to a single player.

No thanks.  I prefer making snap judgements based on emotion and a point of view I want to agree with.  I know this sounds bad but it’s easier to simply be angry rather than stress and think too much.  

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Jake was loved by Richardson and the whole staff. He was also.let go by these same people  Cam's best years were with Gettleman and Richardson. Both long gone. Tepper had no loyalty to Cam and all he saw was a constant injury issue and 6 wins in 2 years and 40 million dollars already wasted and another 21 million for this year with no guarantee he will make it through the year. And Hurney is not the main force anymore. Rhule went with Bridgewater which was Brady's decision when he actually became available and Tom Brady went to Tampa which was Bridgewater's rumored likely suitor before that.  I think it was a football decision and not personal.  Was it just me who thought that the relationship between the Panthers and Cam had cooled down quite a bit last year.

Well that's one awful "football decision" to replace a guy like Cam Newton with a guy like sh*t the bed Ted?! Yikes. Got a good feeling that move will cost the team and probably someone's job in the nearer future

8 hours ago, raz said:

i think its hilarious that after he made a video screaming about a commitment they broke up with him thru text.  should not have taken negotiations public.   that's what happens when you act like that in a business.  its perfect and hilarious.    still may work out better for cam, and probably will, than for us - but thems the breaks

I guess the ownership didn't appreciate Cam committing them to a decision publicly before they we're ready to. The commitment video I really feel pissed off Rhule when he had to answer questions about it at the combine. 

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Well that's one awful "football decision" to replace a guy like Cam Newton with a guy like sh*t the bed Ted?! Yikes. Got a good feeling that move will cost the team and probably someone's job in the nearer future

That's not an accurate moniker for Bridgewater...at all, really. 

11 hours ago, rodeo said:

lmfao love all this "it's been at least 2 weeks since your major career/life change, time to move on and stop talking about it" like you guys don't still talk about the patriots 'cheating' against the panthers 17 years ago

Talk about it all you want. But, the Panthers have moved on. Cam has a new team; he should focus on the team he plays for and trying to stay healthy for a season.  

8 hours ago, AggieLean said:

So, you admit Cam was “drug on”, though?

Making negotiations public has been a tactic used by quite a few players in the past, yet they still received more respect than Cam has. So, is the new precedent to release any and all players who make it known they’d like a new contract, or that they’d like the team to keep them in the loop of what their plans are?

Its quite clear that you don’t like Cam, and haven’t liked him for a long time. That still doesn’t make it right to disrespect a player that his given their all towards said organization. And cut the crap about “lying to the organization”. Most players are going to want to get out on the field, and will tell their coaches they’re good to go. You’d appreciate that from other players, but because you don’t like Cam, you’re going to hold that against him. So disingenuous and fake on your behalf. Only on here do I find fans using a player wanting to play through injury a bad thing. It’s a bad thing, because you don’t like Cam

i am glad he's gone.  he wore me out.   i wanted him to mature so badly.  i am glad rivera is gone too.  i am also glad cam is in a place where he can possibly maximize his talent and in an organization that has a much better track record with qb's than we do.  would i have gotten worn out with cam with a better org and coach - probably not.   i couldn't stand the way rivera let the team stunt in '15.   i knew how the other players across the league would react.   i wanted a sb for cam here but over time that dream died.    it was time to move on.  rhule and company seem like they want a diva-less team.   that seems like a great change to me after rivera let that sort of thing get out of hand - in my opinion.   we need a fresh start, cam needs a fresh start.  he's now in a place that got matt cassel to 11-5 i believe.  this is good news for cam.    

i don't think its the new owners fault or the new coach's for the situation.  its riveras fault.  he's the one that let cam get run into the ground.  he's the one that wasn't man enough to sit cam when he needed to.  he's the one that didn't put any reins on the team in '15 and let the culture get out of hand.   he set the tone.  he's a giant POS.   now cam is in an org that has a foundation.   and now we're in an org that is trying to build that foundation.    it seems like a necessary step for both parties even if it ended childishly.   

Archived