• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets pick 3rd!!!

Jeremy Igo

53 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Been watching highlights and seriously ...Edwards is like Jordan.  Amazingly talented player.  Trade 3 and lots more to get to 1 and get that kid.  He is special...oceans between Edwards and these other dudes

Edwards is going to win a championship...incredible talent 

I love Edward's but I think Ball's could have similar impact on a team as well.. Wiseman could be great as well if he gets outside range..

After thinking about it for a day, Edwards/Wiseman make the most sense.  Ball is the swing for the fences pick, but like some have said, we really think he's staying in Charlotte beyond the rookie deal? 

If Ball is still on the board at 3, call the Knicks, tell them to give us RJ Barrett and #8.  When they say no, tell them to give us Mitchell Robinson and #8.  Maybe toss in Dennis Smith as well.  Done deal. 

2 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

After thinking about it for a day, Edwards/Wiseman make the most sense.  Ball is the swing for the fences pick, but like some have said, we really think he's staying in Charlotte beyond the rookie deal? 

If Ball is still on the board at 3, call the Knicks, tell them to give us RJ Barrett and #8.  When they say no, tell them to give us Mitchell Robinson and #8.  Maybe toss in Dennis Smith as well.  Done deal. 

Absolutely fug No!!  

This is a dumb opinion..

"Oh let's never draft a star player because he won't stay here.." Let's only draft role players and over pay them to stay ..

At some point you have to take a risk..

What makes you think Edward's or Wiseman will want to stay?? What makes them more likely to not leave??

7 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Absolutely fug No!!  

This is a dumb opinion..

"Oh let's never draft a star player because he won't stay here.." Let's only draft role players and over pay them to stay ..

At some point you have to take a risk..

What makes you think Edward's or Wiseman will want to stay?? What makes them more likely to not leave??

I’m with you on this, even though I always have thought you sucked as a poster. Take Ball or Weisman or Edwards. Whoever is left of the 3. We need an All-Star talent badly. And his ceiling is much higher than everyone else. Especially if he can learn to shoot. 

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I’m with you on this, even though I always have thought you sucked as a poster. Take Ball or Weisman or Edwards. Whoever is left of the 3. We need an All-Star talent badly. And his ceiling is much higher than everyone else. Especially if he can learn to shoot. 

Balls ceiling, of course. 

10 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Take Ball. He would help our shooters around him, honestly. 

Do not want Ball.

His defense is atrocious and I don't have confidence that he can fix his shot.  Seriously don't know where the hype is coming from. Sure, he's got the name, and that could explain the appeal for armchair gms like we the internet, but I don't see how professional scouts can watch his tape and think he's a future NBA star.  He's got excellent vision, passing skills, size, and length, but beyond that there isn't much to like. He was literally the worst defender in the Australian NBL last year.  Even if he's sorts out his shot, that makes it difficult to make a net positive impact when on the floor, and that's not what you want out of the 3rd overall pick. And if he doesn't improve his shot, he's definitely a net negative.

So I was doing some work and listened to this entire thing.. I am starting it when the draft breakdown happens and they address Ball, Edwards and Wiseman.. I really respect Russilo's opinion as he's not just a hot-take kinda guy - he knows his stuff.. After listening to this, I really hope we can get Wiseman - that's how I have felt from the beginning, but now I'm locked in on the guy..

Ball and Edwards might be good - but if all you are doing is watching youtube highlights - you don't know the whole story.. their shot selection was piss poor and they were just chucking up threes left n right.. Ball was just playing for the highlight reels in the Aussie league..

Wiseman has been through some stuff at Memphis and has been preparing for the NBA since December because of the stupid suspension.. if the Warriors take him at #2 - I might be in the mind to go for Okongwu or Toppin.. but i really hope it's Wiseman

On 8/21/2020 at 7:38 PM, Shocker said:

Been watching highlights and seriously ...Edwards is like Jordan.  Amazingly talented player.  Trade 3 and lots more to get to 1 and get that kid.  He is special...oceans between Edwards and these other dudes

Edwards is going to win a championship...incredible talent 

You need to watch more than just highlights.  Highlight are what has gotten everyone so excited about him, but it's the rest of his game that makes me think he'll be more bust than star in the NBA.  IMO, he's the type of player analysts gush over his potential, even though he doesn't show more than glimpses of that potential...and likely never will.  IMO, he'll end up as a black hole that scores a lot of inefficient points.  

While he can score, he is a poor shooter, only making 40% of FG's, and 29% of 3 pointers.  He's also an extremely poor defender (but could be good if he ever shows interest, which hasn't happened).  Most evaluators also say his BBIQ is very low.  Not to mention that he has never been on a winning team...at any level.

No question he has some positive attributes, such as his size and athleticism, ability to create his own shot, as well as his ability to drive to the basket, but his overall game would make him a VERY risky pick.

35 minutes ago, Woodie said:

No question he has some positive attributes, such as his size and athleticism, ability to create his own shot, as well as his ability to drive to the basket, but his overall game would make him a VERY risky pick.

He's a bigger Zach Lavine/more athletic Dion Waiters.  If he works out, could be great. But like you said, he's got traits that should concern the hell out of people. The more I've looked into him, meh.  Would rather roll the dice on a SG like Cassius Stanley in the 2nd round. 

Toppin people, I like him too.  But would drafting him not absolutely doom Miles or PJ?  Unless the plan is to become Houston East and play Toppin at the 5, three straight first round "PF" picks competing against each other at SF/PF over the next couple of years seems bad.  The #3 pick as a 6th man?  PJ to the bench? Not seeing the logic in drafting anything other than a SG or C, unless there are trades to be made or young feelings to be hurt at PG/PF. 

Archived