• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Job Offer In Charleston, SC

Dex

1 hour ago, Inimicus said:

Im done with the east coast humidity BUT

The opportunity to be close to the Shrimp & Grits at Hominy Grill...

That's a plate of food that will change your life.

I worked at Ben & Jerry's in the market the summer we lived there. We'd always swing trades with the local restaurants. I hate WELL that summer.

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You couldn't pay me enough to live in Charleston, but I'd still take it over Connecticut.

Yeah, I agree Charleston is a great visit but no way would I live there.  

A friend of mine went to the chef school there so been down there a bit but once you get over the history around the place its pretty ordinary.  Pass.

Folly Beach is nice but again...other better options out there.

I wont say the food isn’t good.  Actually my first marriage I had my honeymoon there.  We are divorced now so... yeah. :)

Charleston town folk think A LOT of Charleston too.  Just saying.

A2A4A88D-362C-463F-9A6C-D9521C6F6AC9.jpeg

I just can't do that level of heat and humidity. I do enjoy visiting, but living there the class divide is unreal and unavoidable. Charleston really is the world of the haves and have nots. And when I say Charleston I mean CHARLESTON. I'm not talking about Mt. Pleasant or West Ashley or Monck's Corner or all these other places where people who "live in Charleston" actually live. In Charleston proper, other than the college kids is basically the wealthy and the very poor. There is no middle class. I'm not much of one for the hoity toity old southern money BS and at the end of the day, that's really what Charleston is about. Visit for a few days and bounce. That's what I do with Charleston.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:07 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I just can't do that level of heat and humidity. I do enjoy visiting, but living there the class divide is unreal and unavoidable. Charleston really is the world of the haves and have nots. And when I say Charleston I mean CHARLESTON. I'm not talking about Mt. Pleasant or West Ashley or Monck's Corner or all these other places where people who "live in Charleston" actually live. In Charleston proper, other than the college kids is basically the wealthy and the very poor. There is no middle class. I'm not much of one for the hoity toity old southern money BS and at the end of the day, that's really what Charleston is about. Visit for a few days and bounce. That's what I do with Charleston.

I guess you didn't hang out with Thomas Ravenel and Whitney...we had some fun at those horse polo matches. My peeps 

We'd hang out every Wednesday night 

dish-060116-southern-charm-history-promote.jpg

I just couldn't fathom having an opportunity to work and make a decent amount of money in Charleston and turning it down to live in the northeast.  But everybody has their own priorities and life to live.  I spent 10 years in Michigan and I would never do that kind of climate again.  I've been living in the south ever since and fought hard to get back to this area of the country (I live in Va Beach and parents live in Myrtle Beach).

On 10/7/2020 at 5:04 PM, jasonluckydog said:

I just got a new job in Charleston took a pay cut and all. Im 45 time to enact stage 1 of retirement.  

Congrats.  I took a paycut to get from Louisiana to Columbia, SC.  I did it because they paid all moving expenses and I wanted to get back close to home.  But then I had a chance to get a big pay bump to move to Virginia Beach so I jumped on it.  But I have no intention of leaving this little area of the country.

Archived