• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a QB right now, can we stop acting like he doesn't exist?

Carolina Cajun

11 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Yea I agree with this mostly.  I do think if Lawrence or Fields is there we gotta pick them.  I just hope the fanbase and organization can be patient enought to sit him a yeaar.

I can agree with this, but at this point, there doesn't appear to be much of a chance either one will be.  To many bad teams out there.  That could change of course.  

36 minutes ago, Pantherfan84 said:

No people want to come on here and say we want this team to not win any games so we can take a QB that we have no idea will be anything. Truth is hardly any number 1 pick qbs have ever amounted to anything. People should be pulling for this team to keep winning and bring in a winning tradition every year. 

Elway 

Both Mannings

Terry Bradshaw 

Jim Plunkett 

Troy Aikman

Luck

Cam

Some decent guys like Bledsoe

Carson Palmer

Vick

Stafford

Testaverde 

Yeah you're right, they all suck.

On 9/28/2020 at 4:40 PM, WarHeel said:

I have as well. I think our biggest contributors to red zone TD’s in recent years past are Olsen and Cam. 

We need our big bodied guys to step up down there. Everyone is throwing Teddy under the bus but have failed to mention Ian Thomas. When Greg departed for Seattle most on here including myself felt confident he had potential to at least halfway fill the role an aging Olsen was leaving. The dude may has well have taken a nap in the locker room the last few weeks. 

Panthers have little trouble getting to the red zone, scoring TDs is a big issue. Im done with waiting on Thomas, a true red zone weapon (besides CMC) is on the list of needs now. 

1 hour ago, SaltnPepper said:

Elway 

Both Mannings

Terry Bradshaw 

Jim Plunkett 

Troy Aikman

Luck

Cam

Some decent guys like Bledsoe

Carson Palmer

Vick

Stafford

Testaverde 

Yeah you're right, they all suck.

So what you’re saying is since 1990 the only QB’s selected 1st overall that started and won a SB are the Manning brothers. 

Even if you changed it from 1st overall pick to 1st QB taken overall each draft you’d still only have the Manning’s as the only two to start and win a SB since 1990

2 hours ago, Teddy Time said:

Alex Smith wasn't holding them back, he was always a good playoff QB and was in KC.  However he wasn't elevating the team so therefore couldn't beat the top Tier teams in the AFC.  Mahomes is the dictionary definition of elevating a team.

And i know there are a lot of self-appointed experts on Teddy Bridgewater here in Pantherland, that have probably watched maybe 2-3 games of his in their lifetimes before CAR, but Teddy might not be Mahomes, but he is the last QB to "choke" during a game.  he has multiple game winning drives in his career including against the SB champion Seahawks in the playoffs in sub-zero temps.  The only reason they didn't advance was the kicker missed a 27-yd FG.  Teddy was brilliant and every single one of his teammates and coaches will tell you that.

Not going to argue with a person who names their profile Teddy Time. Pointless and frankly I am tired of it because my opinion of him isn’t changing. Don’t like him. Don’t think he is a good QB. Can’t wait for Fields or Lance a real QB that will hopefully elevate this team. 
Teddy sure as heck ain’t gonna so it. 

Archived