• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a QB right now, can we stop acting like he doesn't exist?

Carolina Cajun

Seriously, I know I'll get some hate, but Honestly, Bridgewater has been perfectly fine in our offense and occasionally has shown himself as someone we can build around.  Is he Cam?  Nope, but thats not who we are anymore and some people need to get that notion out of their head, we need to get this "Trevor or fields" stuff out of our mind and just let the season play out because IF teddy keeps it up, he very likely will be our "solution" for next year and possibly the foreseeable future.

BTW, for the "He SuCkS" crowd, right now he's on pace for 4600 yards passing...gee lemme see where that would put him on the panthers all time list...OH YEA, #1, better than any passing season cam ever had and better than Steve Beuerlein.  I'm not saying for sure he's our future, but he's been far from bad enough for us to have this much talk about a new qb next season.

Teddy has done well, but not great, yet. I think he'll continue to improve as he learns to spread it around. This is the first season he's played with any of these receivers, any of the linemen and only has a brief history with the OC.

Given all that, it's pretty amazing at times he's performing at the level he is. And yeah, those were a couple of really great, long passes yesterday. He's got the arm. 

2 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I for one have been wanting to give him a real chance this season.  The lack of TDs has me worried

I have as well. I think our biggest contributors to red zone TD’s in recent years past are Olsen and Cam. 

We need our big bodied guys to step up down there. Everyone is throwing Teddy under the bus but have failed to mention Ian Thomas. When Greg departed for Seattle most on here including myself felt confident he had potential to at least halfway fill the role an aging Olsen was leaving. The dude may has well have taken a nap in the locker room the last few weeks. 

10 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Seriously, I know I'll get some hate, but Honestly, Bridgewater has been perfectly fine in our offense and occasionally has shown himself as someone we can build around.  Is he Cam?  Nope, but thats not who we are anymore and some people need to get that notion out of their head, we need to get this "Trevor or fields" stuff out of our mind and just let the season play out because IF teddy keeps it up, he very likely will be our "solution" for next year and possibly the foreseeable future.

BTW, for the "He SuCkS" crowd, right now he's on pace for 4600 yards passing...gee lemme see where that would put him on the panthers all time list...OH YEA, #1, better than any passing season cam ever had and better than Steve Beuerlein.  I'm not saying for sure he's our future, but he's been far from bad enough for us to have this much talk about a new qb next season.

I would hold your horses on comparing him to Steve Beuerlein. Steve has the TDs to go along with the yards. Through 3 games TB has a grand total of 2 TDs and 2 INTs and 1 fumble. Can’t say he won’t turn it on but I have seen enough of his play to not be encouraged he will. So cool he has a chance at 4600 yards and 11 TDs. No impressed.  

7 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

If he can get TDs with those yards it will help convince some.  

I mean he is looking at 11 TDs

I completely agree with that, but thats why I'm saying its to early to presume he's awful and we will have to push for a QB in the offseason.  If he does continue his passing yards pace (roughly, and ends with around 4500 yards) and ends with 22-25 TD's, A)we might not be in prime position for Lawrence or fields who will presumably be #1 + 2, and B) we probably would be better served drafting other players to compliment Teddy and make our team better.

Archived