• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady already being talked about for Falcons head coach

Jeremy Igo

I’d be shocked if Tepper was willing to match a HC salary for an OC.

HC’s get $4-5M/year for 4-5 years and it is guaranteed. OC’s make around $1M/year and usually don’t have multiple years and guarantees.

Kraft paid McDaniels $2.5M/year to turn down the Colts, but that was a for Super Bowl winner.

Tepper is already paying top of the market for Rhule and the owners are going to lose a lot of money this year. I know Tepper is filthy rich but rich people really don’t like losing money.

6 hours ago, stan786 said:

Guys like Brady aren't going to wait around for a HC job.

Disagree. 

He’s only 31 and will be on HC short lists for years to come...

...the smartest thing he can do in terms of maxing out the odds for long-term success is wait for the best opportunity to present itself sometime in next 5-8 years (after the Panthers win a Super Bowl!).

I will guarantee you Tepper is already charting out turnover of head coaches over next 5-8 years and if Brady’s agent isn’t smart enough to be doing the same Tepper will gladly share the research with him!

I believe Tepper fully supports Brady being a HC at some point but he’s going to show him a detailed decision-tree with the expected outcomes.

Falcons now?  Or Patriots in 5-years?

Which is better?

Make the wrong choice and your HC career is over before it even gets started, especially at such a young age.

Brady isn’t going anywhere for 3 years minimum.  (caveat, offer from Patriots and he’s gone, and his employees would fully support it)

13 minutes ago, Bartin said:

I’d be shocked if Tepper was willing to match a HC salary for an OC.

Were you shocked when Tepper offered Rhule $63,000,000 (plus incentives) over 7-years?

Most folks have no conception how big of a number $1,000,000,000 really is...Tepper has 12 or 13 of them.

Tepper’s in the 7th inning of life and he ain’t gonna let a few million get in the way of leading the Panthers to the promised land!

Archived