• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Several" indianapolis colts test positive

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Pantherzack179812 said:

Comparing probably the 200,000 dead that 80% of them were in their 70s-80s (See NY's death and cause and effect, that's 20% of your deaths there) to 20-35 year old otherwise healthy males is hilarious.

The NFL has offered anyone the ability to opt out and not play (or coach before the "WHAT ABOUT GRANDMA AND GRANDPA") crowd comes in. This is outrageous and overblown, for god sakes, they have to TEST and make sure these players are sick.

It's largely not about the players. A lot of coaches and family members of coaches and players have a lot higher risk factor than the players themselves. It baffles me that I have to explain this to you.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's largely not about the players. A lot of coaches and family members of coaches and players have a lot higher risk factor than the players themselves. It baffles me that I have to explain this to you.

You obviously completely skipped paragraph 2. 

I wonder how you feel about the 60 year olds you force to go to work to keep their lights on for your essential services. I feel zero sympathy for multi-millionaire coaches who can easily opt out.

It's freaking amazing, a pandemic and the people that everyone is all concerned about are people who can easily afford to stay home... This is the problem with the covid response. 

We should've isolated the elderly from the beginning, but god forbid Bruce Arians or Pete Carol catch covid.

3 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

You obviously completely skipped paragraph 2. 

I wonder how you feel about the 60 year olds you force to go to work to keep their lights on for your essential services. I feel zero sympathy for multi-millionaire coaches who can easily opt out.

It's freaking amazing, a pandemic and the people that everyone is all concerned about are people who can easily afford to stay home... This is the problem with the covid response. 

We should've isolated the elderly from the beginning, but god forbid Bruce Arians or Pete Carol catch covid.

Don't project your own complete lack of empathy onto others. You wear that one yourself.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't project your own complete lack of empathy onto others. You wear that one yourself.

No, I have empathy to a point.

1. NFL lays out the risk, complex testing with 100% isolation of player, but practices and games aren't cancelled until 5 positive tests.

2. Players& coaches are offered a chance to opt out (This happened)

3. The league informs all of them the risk of being in the high risk group and offer any coach or player the chance to opt out of the season AT ANY POINT with zero consequence. 

How is it me not having empathy for multi-millionaires in their 60s to 70s who had a chance to opt out and not take part in this season makes me an unempathetic person?

I am empathetic for those who don't make enough on social security to make ends meet who have been forgotten because they can't get unemployment and are forced to risk their lives in the work fields to pay their rent.

There is not ONE NFL HC, DC, OC (position coaches included)in their 60s+ who has not made enough money to opt out of this season. The lowest income for an NFL coach is about $300,000... That's 8 times what the average American makes... 

Me feeling sorry for them is like me feeling sorry for a 75 year old man who goes to Disney World... No, Disney employees and the company should not be deprived of making an income due to the poor decision of someone who understood the risks in their age group.

Many times 1 case can be a false positive with the tests only being 70% accurate, that's why they should need 5 before anything is cancelled.

Per your point, anyone who watches an NFL game is unempathetic because the chance of a coach getting exposed in the 2020 season is 100%. 

57 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

This is why I have always said, do away with these draconian protocols and ridiculous testing all together. I have access to the greatest Covid test on the face of the planet 24/7, want to know what it is? MY OWN BODY! I’m a huge believer in you are as healthy as you feel, the human body is an amazing thing, it will let you know if you are sick, you don’t need a “test” to tell you.  NFL should treat Covid like any other illness, if a player complains of feeling sick, then isolate that particular player. Whatever happened to good ole science and letting your body let you know you are sick by feeling like crap instead of some unreliable “test” 

Lol you're acting like Covid is a tummy ache or diabetes or something.  It's an infectious disease...you don't wait until someone "feels sick" to address it.

51 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Kind of makes you wonder, if NFL tests aren’t accurate, and these are the bests tests you can possibly  get, how many of these “cases” nationwide are actual cases and how many are false positives. We have a CASEdemic

If they are using rapid testing then they aren’t using the best tests.   Nasal swabs are still the best.   WH got a lot of grief at first for the rapid testing they touted because low accuracy vs nasal swabs. 

I mean it probably is necessary to pull off football.  So not really knocking the approach in all scenarios. 

47 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Testing is completely pointless for a variety of reasons. A. Unless you get tested every single day, it makes zero difference. Just because I test negative today doesn’t mean I will test negative tomorrow. B. Turnaround time is too long to make a difference anyway. C. There isn’t a cure, so If you test positive, so what? You will either A. Remain asymptomatic or B. Get so badly sick you will just go to the hospital anyway with or without a test. It’s not like once you test positive, they will prescribe you meds to knock it out like a curable std. 

This is called the Nirvana fallacy.  If a solution isn't absolutely perfect and won't completely resolve the issue, then it should be entirely rejected.  You would have to be completely devoid of any kind of rational thinking to actually believe what you just said.

12 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

No, I have empathy to a point.

1. NFL lays out the risk, complex testing with 100% isolation of player, but practices and games aren't cancelled until 5 positive tests.

2. Players& coaches are offered a chance to opt out (This happened)

3. The league informs all of them the risk of being in the high risk group and offer any coach or player the chance to opt out of the season AT ANY POINT with zero consequence. 

How is it me not having empathy for multi-millionaires in their 60s to 70s who had a chance to opt out and not take part in this season makes me an unempathetic person?

I am empathetic for those who don't make enough on social security to make ends meet who have been forgotten because they can't get unemployment and are forced to risk their lives in the work fields to pay their rent.

There is not ONE NFL HC, DC, OC (position coaches included)in their 60s+ who has not made enough money to opt out of this season. The lowest income for an NFL coach is about $300,000... That's 8 times what the average American makes... 

Me feeling sorry for them is like me feeling sorry for a 75 year old man who goes to Disney World... No, Disney employees and the company should not be deprived of making an income due to the poor decision of someone who understood the risks in their age group.

Many times 1 case can be a false positive with the tests only being 70% accurate, that's why they should need 5 before anything is cancelled.

Per your point, anyone who watches an NFL game is unempathetic because the chance of a coach getting exposed in the 2020 season is 100%. 

Having empathy for one doesn't necessarily mean I lack the empathy for the other. That's a big problem with today's society. Everything is either or, black or white, right or left. Draw your line in the sand and attack everything else. It's a shitty way to go through life.

2 hours ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

This is why I have always said, do away with these draconian protocols and ridiculous testing all together. I have access to the greatest Covid test on the face of the planet 24/7, want to know what it is? MY OWN BODY! I’m a huge believer in you are as healthy as you feel, the human body is an amazing thing, it will let you know if you are sick, you don’t need a “test” to tell you.  NFL should treat Covid like any other illness, if a player complains of feeling sick, then isolate that particular player. Whatever happened to good ole science and letting your body let you know you are sick by feeling like crap instead of some unreliable “test” 

You are literally dumber than a rock. 

Come on @Jeremy Igo

I saw @LinvilleGorge say in the last NFL related Covid thread say there was value in letting these guys expose themselves.

This is not about Linville, aside from the GJBC indecent Ive got no beef with the job he is doing as a mod.

You need a zero tolerance policy for these anti science dipshits that are derailing threads on legit NFL news.  Id love to see them banned but a vacation and clearing out their posts would be a solid step.

Archived