• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Late Games Thread

Harbingers

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'd wanna know whether Brady doesn't use the tight end because we don't have good ones or if he just doesn't like to use the tight end at all.

We run a lot of 11 and 12 so I'm assuming the former.

But at this point I dont care if its just a jump ball WR we need a contested catcher.

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Never draft TEs in the 1st. Never worth it.

I agree that it's risky, but I think its worth the risk if you get a great guy.

That said I cant think of a first round TE that's worked recently.

Hell I'd take Njoku in FA this season too.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Holy poo the Jets suuuuuuuck.

Rodgers is great and has been having an MVP caliber season, but he looks like hot trash today.

That the Packers and Jets are both down by three touchdowns or more is not something I would have predicted.

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

I agree that it's risky, but I think its worth the risk if you get a great guy.

That said I cant think of a first round TE that's worked recently.

Hell I'd take Njoku in FA this season too.

Go look at the TEs drafted in the 1st round for the past 10 years. Not pretty. You want a game changer in the 1st round, and a TE is never going to live up to that.  And as good as Pitts is, he is not a good blocker, so we'd be essentially wasting a 1st round pick on merely redzone threat who can't block.

6 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Go look at the TEs drafted in the 1st round for the past 10 years. Not pretty. You want a game changer in the 1st round, and a TE is never going to live up to that.  And as good as Pitts is, he is not a good blocker, so we'd be essentially wasting a 1st round pick on merely redzone threat who can't block.

Yeah just on memory, you're right. The only one I can think of that panned out at all in recent memory are Vernon Davis and Greg Olsen, and even then it took a while.

We just really fuging need help at that position. Manhertz should not be a starter in any aspect.

Archived