• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers

jfra78

Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers

• Yes
    • No

Eight games in and I feel like I've had enough time to evaluate Teddy Bridgewater. I know Teddy wasn't the only reason we lost yeterday, our interior Oline is crap and our defense isnt aggresive enough.  But Teddy just isn't our QB of the future like I had hoped he could be. There are many things I really like about Teddy Bridgewater, his personality, leadership, gamesmanship, good decision making, leads recievers, and I belive he has a strong enough arm.  He just doesn't have "it", especially when we need it.  In other words he isn't clutch, he plays great for 3 quarters, but when he has to make a play and force something that may not be there, he can't.  This week, game on the line, throws and interception.  Last Sunday, game on the line, takes a costly sack that puts us out of FG range.  Week before, game on the line, overthrows DJ then on next drive throws an interception.

I had said before the season started that we are too good for Trevor and I still believe we win at least 5 games this year.  I think that puts us out of the running for the top 3 and I dont want to reach on a QB.  Next year we may have an even better record than this year if we fix the O line in the offseason. 

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Eight games in and I feel like I've had enough time to evaluate Teddy Bridgewater. I know Teddy wasn't the only reason we lost yeterday, our interior Oline is crap and our defense isnt aggresive enough.  But Teddy just isn't our QB of the future like I had hoped he could be. There are many things I really like about Teddy Bridgewater, his personality, leadership, gamesmanship, good decision making, leads recievers, and I belive he has a strong enough arm.  He just doesn't have "it", especially when we need it.  In other words he isn't clutch, he plays great for 3 quarters, but when he has to make a play and force something that may not be there, he can't.  This week, game on the line, throws and interception.  Last Sunday, game on the line, takes a costly sack that puts us out of FG range.  Week before, game on the line, overthrows DJ then on next drive throws an interception.

I had said before the season started that we are too good for Trevor and I still believe we win at least 5 games this year.  I think that puts us out of the running for the top 3 and I dont want to reach on a QB.  Next year we may have an even better record than this year if we fix the O line in the offseason. 

We still have the Bridgewater problem. We need a QB. I don’t want Bridgewater here after his contract is up. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Panthers trade up. 

He’s not the only problem but he is a problem at the most important position in sports.  He needs literally a perfect team around him to get to the playoffs. We shouldn’t have that little of a window with any quarterback.  We need a guy who can win us games when we don’t play our best or don’t have the best roster. Our current guy can’t do that. 

Archived